Apple & Pepsi Ad Sports RIAA Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
From Slashdot news: USA Today is running a story about Pepsi's Superbowl ad for their iTunes promotion. The ad will apparently feature teens sued by the RIAA, including one young woman who holds out a Pepsi and says, "We are still going to download music for free off the Internet." The RIAA response? "This ad shows how everything has changed".

Was that actually RIAA's responce? :haha: sounds awesome, basey move by Pepsi tho.

Will this society stop spreading fear through it's media? Honeslty, fires, death, shootings, attacks.. that's all we hear about on the news... now 'You're not safe in the comforts of your home downloading stuff cuz we're watching you.'

Doesn't this piss anyone else off that media drives this into society without society knowing it? Don't we all lock our cars in perfectly safe residential neighborhoods and lock our doors and set our alarms in the off chance that burgler joe decides that instead of diamonds he wants your head in a nap-sack? Is it just me or is the RIAA taking the same approach? I find it to be stupid, and I think everyone should really think about all the 'fear' being spread around.

"you need acne cream or kids in school will hate you"

"Next on Fox 5 news, are your kids safe when they go out trick or trating? How to keep them safe from the bad people."

"ADT detects fire, monoxide, broken windows, aliens, sewer alligators and other intrusions, you're not safe wihtout it."

Geez... The US needs to lightne up, and come to the realization that out of millions and millions of Americans, YOU are NOT going to be sued by the RIAA if you download a song or album from such and such band. Cuz Millions and MILLIONS of Americans are doing it... I think statistically it's something like .00000000000012% chance of being selected by the RIAA.

Raaaaar! :mad:

Thanks for readnig my rant.

Yeah Fox News is a pretty good laugh to watch for the headlines, the serious delivery only heightens it - Crossing the road, how safe are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back