Apple recruits Cookie Monster in latest iPhone 6s commercial

By Shawn Knight
Mar 18, 2016
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is no stranger when it comes to using celebrities to help sell its products. Selena Gomez, Bill Hader, Jamie Foxx and Stephen Curry are just a few of the faces you may have seen in recent ad spots. The company's latest commercial for the iPhone 6s features another "star" you're probably familiar with – the one and only Cookie Monster.

In the minute-long ad, Cookie Monster uses Siri to set a timer for what else, his cookies. As the time ticks down, we see the impatient blue monster try all sorts of things to keep busy as the delicious treats are being prepared in the oven.

The ad comes as Apple is squaring off against the federal government over a much serious matter. Perhaps a bit of light-hearted humor from a character that virtually everyone is familiar with is what the marketing folks believe is best for the company right now.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

2. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,341   +1,939

Never heard of any of them so the ads would be meaningless to me. Besides Apple doesn't advertise here anyway and if they did I'd just ignore them.
  3. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TS Guru Posts: 860   +308

4. Geforcepat

Geforcepat TS Booster Posts: 141   +15

Lol! I love it. good job apple.
  5. Camikazi

Camikazi TS Maniac Posts: 797   +217

The blue monster has not been the same since he started peddling a veggie diet being just as good as cookies. My soul died a little when that happened.
    Raoul Duke likes this.
  6. commanderasus

commanderasus TS Enthusiast Posts: 43   +9

Has the human race gone totally mad? These puppets are roles models for what exactly?
  7. Kevin82485

Kevin82485 TS Booster Posts: 159   +41

I don't like Apple products, but I thought this commercial was great. I laugh every time I see it on TV.
  8. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Guru Posts: 392   +81

This is the best commercial currently on TV.
  9. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,202   +422

It is an awesome commercial... I actually watch it quite often.