TechSpot

Apple rejects Dropbox apps, companies working to resolve differences

By Rick
May 2, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. First identified as a series of support requests, Dropbox confirmed that Apple has begun rejecting any apps which depend on the Dropbox SDK. The problem purportedly stems from both recent...

Read the whole story

2. Apple's whole policy regarding no in-app purchases is stupid and greedy. Why is Apple entitled to a 30% cut of sales when none of their servers or bandwidth are involved at all? Does Google do the same thing with the Android market? If so, that's stupid and greedy too.

3. Greedy Greedy Apple. They make billion of dollar in profit and they still want more. Happy to be on Android :)

4. m4a4

m4a4 TS Addict Posts: 536   +149

THIS is just another big reason as to why I cannot ever like apple...

5. Scshadow

Scshadow TS Maniac Posts: 365   +49

I know why they do that. I still don't like how they're applying it here. If you can bypass the store fees by offering a free app and then charging in-game, Apple gets nothing for having the game in their store. But this is not a sidestepping scheme. Its a legitimate online service with an app extension. Anyway, if Apple wants to play like that, its best dropbox require account creation on the desktop. Maybe Apple actually prefers this because it keeps the app experience "pure". Truth be told, if I had multiple apps left and right asking me for CC info or sending me to the web, I'd consider it an annoyance. I'd rather not enter my personal information via phone anyway. I'm not sure how android handles apps in comparison but I'm still plenty happy to avoid the greedy b**** that is apple for countless other reasons.

6. TJGeezer

TJGeezer TS Enthusiast Posts: 385   +10

Talk about vendor lock-in! Isn't that level of restraint of trade illegal, or once upon a time it was illegal, or something? (I'd ask my lawyer but he's a lawyer so I don't trust the bastard.) I wonder how many politicians Apple bought to get away with it.

7. mario

mario Ex-TS Developer Posts: 399   +17

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.