Apple reportedly in talks to acquire Israeli firm behind original Kinect

By Jos
Jul 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is in talks to acquire the Israeli firm behind Microsoft’s original Kinect sensor technology, according to local newspaper Calcalist. The report claims a delegation of PrimeSense senior executives visited Apple’s engineering offices in recent days, and though the deal...

Read more
  2. gamoniac

gamoniac TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 215   +46

And more patent lawsuits on the way... Maybe I am just I being too pessimistic about the state of the patent fiasco.
  3. trparky

trparky Newcomer, in training Posts: 66   +7

No, you're right. This just means more lawsuits. I figure that Microsoft is going to be ending up sued by Apple eventually since the Kinect from the XBOX 360 is going to be covered under the patents that Apple will be acquiring as part of the purchase. If that happens I hope that Microsoft will end up giving them a taste of what Apple deserves.

I can't believe that I'm rooting for Microsoft here.
    BlueDrake likes this.
  4. BlueDrake

BlueDrake TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 190   +41

We all can't believe the day, we're actually cheering for Microsoft. Mostly due to all the issues everyone's had, in one way or another with the company. Just I don't see why we shouldn't, when Apple is just looking to screw others. Or at least ask for royalties because of what they would then own in patents, so it's a possible grim day for Microsoft if they do actually aquire the company.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,831   +707

The deal fell flat before, it'll probably fall flat again due to Apple being "a pain in the ***" to deal with. Apples never gonna change until it's too late.
    m4a4 likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.