TechSpot

Apple reportedly working on sensors to predict heart attacks

By Shawn Knight
Feb 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is reportedly looking to make a serious splash in the medical field. According to a report from the San Francisco Chronicle, the Cupertino-based company is working on sensor technology that could help predict heart attacks.

Read more

2. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

iDoctor is in the works! medical doctors may need to find an alternative word for "doctor" if apple decides to patent iDoctor. :)
    (I'm going to see my healer later...)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  3. And iPhone will show a message - You will get heart attck tomorrow at 14.39
    thanks Apple

spectrenad likes this.
  4. Your doctor could be replaced by an app and a few sensors.

5. guest:
    but since apple always have a problem with its time application, the user will die tonight.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,517   +2,060

The heart attack sensor could come in handy (or not) when Apple afficionados finally discover how much Apple ripped them off for their products but somehow I don't think a heart sensor will make up for it.

MilwaukeeMike and BlueDrake like this.
  7. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,754   +1,107

That's what I thought too... I was expecting this article to be about sensors in their stores for when unsuspecting grandparents see the prices for the items on the grandkids Christmas lists.

8. Twixtea

Twixtea TS Rookie Posts: 86

Is there actually anything you can do medical wise if you knew you are going to have a heartattack?
    I'm just curious because otherwise it would make no sense to know that you are getting a heart attack.

9. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

bradycardia (decreased heart beat) or tachycardia (increased heart beat) but since these two signs may be affected by age, temperature, or activity, we really need a doctor and laboratory tests (cadiac enzymes).
    the real doctors will get mad if they lose patients (and/or income) due to apple's iMed devices.