TechSpot

Apple reveals its Best of 2014 app, game and media lists

By Justin Kahn
Dec 8, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has now announced its picks for the top apps, games, movies, TV shows and music available on iTunes. These selections are Apple's choices for 2014 and not necessarily given to the apps that gross the most amount of money...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Can't believe Elevate was chosen as the best app... I read a study recently that proved how BS those types of "Brain training" apps are...

3. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

Got a link? No big deal if you don't have it offhand. I'd just seen things over the years that suggested otherwise (maybe not those games, but that type of mental exercises).

Jad Chaar likes this.
  4. Jad Chaar

I will try to find it but I was just looking and came across some studies that say they do work... I don't know who to believe now :oops:. All of them are from reputable universities.

SNGX1275 likes this.
  5. John bastard

John bastard TS Rookie

Good of you reply back and admit you may be wrong. Not enough people do nowadays.

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,714   +397

I may be wrong as well, I suspect its somewhere in the middle, where ultimately everything remains inconclusive because you have conflicting results from different studies.

7. Jad Chaar

I had to because I noticed that my comment was very one-sided. I forgot to mention the fact that I really don't know who to believe because there are so many opinions.