TechSpot

Apple said to be prepping 12.9-inch iPad for early next year

By Shawn Knight
Aug 26, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Microsoft's days as the lone large-screen tablet provider are numbered. That's because Apple's long-rumored oversized iPad is expected to become a reality in the not-too-distant future according to people with knowledge of the matter as reported by Bloomberg.

Read more

2. Thats nice but microsoft isnt really the "lone" provider of a large screen tablet now is it when samsung already has a large 12" tablet on the market for some time now....

3. Gaara

Gaara TS Enthusiast Posts: 99   +25

So apple still copying Samsung Table on 12?>

4. Railman

Railman TS Booster Posts: 708   +101

I keep getting emails about 12.9 inch enlargements. I had no idea Apple was responsible.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  5. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

So Samsung invented the 12" measurement xD? I would look at this as an opportunity for Samsung rather than Apple "copying" since they have competition incoming in the large tablet sector.

6. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,708   +1,887

Unless you got your computer training at the Redbox Kiosk, I'd say a 12" tablet is about the point where you say, "screw it, I'm buying a laptop".

Skidmarksdeluxe and Hexic like this.
  7. Forg0t2

Forg0t2 TS Booster Posts: 147   +25

I disagree. A 12 inch tablet is perfect for the artist that travels a lot. The smaller screens from apple make it slightly harder to actually draw nice things. The 12 inch would give the artist more room to make drawings. For study purposes its also a nice size since you dont have to be a magician writing notes on the larger screen.

8. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,754   +1,107

Apple steering committee from 2013... "how are we going to sell more iPads?" After the board room shoots around complicated ideas for a while the guy who empties the trash happens to walk in and says, "this is America, just make it bigger!"

I'm surprised it took them this long to figure this out. They probably realized they can offer financing too because of how expensive these will be.

Skidmarksdeluxe likes this.
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,062

"The larger the better to stiff you with" is Apples mantra.

10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,519   +2,062

20 years ago a desktop with a 12" monochrome screen was the way to go.