TechSpot

Apple tied with Samsung as world's largest smartphone maker in Q4, 2014

1. Led by blockbuster sales of the iPhone 6 and its larger sibling the iPhone 6 Plus, Apple tied with Samsung to become the world's largest smartphone vendor based on global shipments during the fourth quarter of 2014, according to the latest report...

Read more

2. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,212   +174

I would be pretty worried if I were Apple. They're becoming a 1-trick pony. The iPhone is by a far margin their main, seemingly only product. They might be happy with this success given the prices of that product tend to tie-in their customers down for a year or two. But when the competition excels with their next product line it will have a dramatic effect on shares. Apple needs to stay on top of their A-game in the phone market to succeed as a business. I'd look towards some significant innovations in the next iPhone product.

3. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 910   +385

Big whoop. Just because you are the biggest, doesn't necessarily mean you are the best.
    Marketing, hype, media attention, driven towards consumerism, and the narcissistic nature of the
    average person these days, along with twitter, facebook and other social media, cause said people
    to go nuts, before they even see it.

4. genuinethief

genuinethief TS Member Posts: 18

Apple Has A processor making partner , Samsung it is.

5. HERITIC said
    Of course Apple can't make ****............
    Samsung have been known to supply them with CPU,Screens,Ram,Flash,
    at varying times.............

genuinethief likes this.
  6. genuinethief

genuinethief TS Member Posts: 18

What is competition

Amd Vs Intel

Nvidia Vs Amd Radeon

It is funny to see
    samsung challenging apple with same hardware in
    samsung (their) mobiles and competitor's - (iphone) mobiles.