Apple to talk iOS security at Black Hat 2012 conference

By Jos
Jul 24, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Apple is set to make its first official appearance at the security-focused Black Hat conference this year. The move is both surprising given the company's tradition of avoiding most major technology conferences, and significant as their products have become a……

Read more
  2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,011   +18

Apple rep: "Hi, we'd like to come here to introduce our latest..."
    Hacker in crowd: "Cracked it!"
    Another hacker: "Me too."
    Chorus of hackers starts shouting "Me too."

They start advancing chanting "Doom on you! Doom on you!"

Apple rep screams like a little girl and gets into a fetal position.
  3. "it just works!" facepalmed many years ago every time I heard a mactard say this, how will they accept the truth that their beloved apple is vulnerable to security threats now?
  4. Guess what, iOS is just as vulnerable as android or any mobile platform out there, however iOS does have one good point, it runs in a sandbox, making each and every app unique to its own architecture, not able to view other apps. unless jail-broken of course. android, doesn't have ANY security built into the platform, making it far worst in terms of security.
    ~IT Security Professional
  5. Upio

Upio TS Rookie

You probably should have done a simple google search regarding Android security before posting that it doesn't have any security built into the platform.