TechSpot

Apple tops customer satisfaction report for 9th consecutive time

By Shawn Knight
Mar 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple has captured the top spot in J.D. Power & Associates customer satisfaction report for the ninth consecutive time. Specifically, Cupertino ranks first among consumers in the smartphone category while LG holds the top spot with regards to traditional (non-smartphone)...

Read more

2. Whatch all the cool kids come out as say "this study sucks" blah blah...

For me, and the people I know, apples idevices are top notch. I don't know anyone with a Apple PC, but anyone that I know that has an idevice is completely happy with it and how it works.

3. Holyscrap

Holyscrap TS Rookie Posts: 39   +12

They are paid by Apple, period.

m4a4 and wastedkill like this.
  4. Top notch you say... so I suppose you've used multiple devices and dealt with multiple Operating Systems from multiple vendors? (Assume response of "Of course I have") In reality, you most likely haven't, and if you have it included a few issues that you personally disliked, then enjoyed the simplicity of an Apple iPhone.
    Fact is, I've dealt with Apple support on a variety of levels from going directly to the store, to speaking with corporate employees who have to take care of high-ticket related issues. Sure, at the standard store and simple phone call basis they are quick to respond (As long as you've paid for your Apple Care/Warranty) which usually ends up in replacing the entire device for physical problems. In any case that you're not covered, you'd quickly purchase a new one and tell everyone you "Simply upgraded". I've had two smart phones over the past 5 years (Non-Apple) and probably saved a couple hundred, if not a thousand dollars more than the typical iPhone user.

Ah, and as of they're commercial level support? There are so many issues (Like a non-powering up brand new iMac) prior to over-priced repairs that many institutes that jumped on the Apple bandwagon are now curling in budget pain - forcing them to not replace Apple products with Apple products.

Wake up and smell the Media Coffee people. Any "Study" or "Satisfaction Report" is heavily bias, simply due to the fact that users will read it, then run to a store and buy it "Because the internet said they're the best" Don't always believe what you read on the internet.

Sincerely,
    The stacks of cash saved by not personally dealing with Apple products.

5. RzmmDX

RzmmDX TS Enthusiast Posts: 197   +27

You know that this study is flawed as Nokia, Motorola and HTC is ranked the same as Samsung! Hur hur.

6. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 973   +99

iMacs are simply terrible outside of the decent aesthetics, OS design and decent screen. For the price I can get a machine which will eat the latest iMac for breakfast.

iMacs = terrible

7. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

I don't understand the purpose of your comment. It's not as if the study is saying every level of Apple's customer service is perfect. It simply says it tops others, every year.

I would get it if what you were trying to say was that those who ranked lower, in your experience, deserve better. But even then it'd be subjective.

Also, anything that starts with "I" or "I've" above, are the reasons why you haven't provided anything concrete to the discussion. Just as easily, someone could post their glowing anecdotes about LG or RIM, but that wouldn't paint the same picture this study paints.

8. Chazz

Chazz TS Enthusiast Posts: 634   +60

I didn't see him say that, in his experience, Apple devices are better than everything else. He says he and the people that he knows are completely satisfied. You don't have to go shopping around if what you have fits your needs. He's happy, let him be happy.

9. Holyscrap

Holyscrap TS Rookie Posts: 39   +12

plus check the scale, Apple has 10% more votes , but the scale is cooked so Apple has a 20% lead

m4a4 likes this.
  10. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

I take these reports with surveys with a large pinch of salt. Just like politicians, they talk all the time but say nothing.

11. The study was done on "9,767 smartphones owners and 6,759 traditional mobile"

Considering Apple doesn't offer any non-smartphone products, their numbers reflect 9,767 smart phones, which is less than a small town in an urban area. Show me some real numbers, and data that can be trusted. This is almost as bad as TechSpo'ts last Apple news about the DoD buying all iOS devices.

Customer Satisfaction? Lets mention Apple Employee Satisfaction while we're at it...
    Let's not even mention how Jobs donated less than any billionaire alive. Anyone can make a cute coloured chart that makes their competitors look bad.

m4a4 likes this.

12. hitech0101

hitech0101 TS Enthusiast Posts: 429   +19

Every thread related to apple becomes fanboys vs others .Both should accept a middle ground apple products and services are good but pricey and other competitors offer a lot, cheap and free but some of it is better and some of it worse.

13. Of course they are top in customer satisfaction, they patened it.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.