Apple unveils smaller iPod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Apple CEO Steve Jobs kicked off Macworld Expo on Tuesday by announcing a smaller iPod music player, new multimedia software and an update to Microsoft's Office package.

[center]
index_size01062004.jpg
[/center]

The "iPod Mini," which uses a new generation of tiny hard disks, holds 4GB of storage--or about 1,000 songs--in a half-inch-thick case the size of a business card. The device, which will cost $249 and come in a choice of five colors, will be available in the United States in February and worldwide in April.

Read more: CNet News.

Now all we need is some price drops.......4GB is good, but not everybody needs that kind of storage.

Just my $.02

If you are the bargain type then you shouldn't really be looking at Apple.
You might like the El Cheapo series of Ultra Vanilla (tm) produtcs better :p

Some big unveiling that was:dead:

I was looking for something in the $100 range and maybe even a 2g that holds 500 songs would have been nice. $250 is still a ridiculous amount to pay for an Ipod

No Thanks Apple:p

The price is unreasonable. It's completely not what I expected. I'm willing to bet that on top of everything, it still has the ipod battery problem.

total ripoff. why do apple feel they can charge these kinds of prices.. the player itself sounds too small anyways.

you truly have to believe what apple says if you are going to buy their products. if you believe that apple products are superior to other products as apple says their products are, then i do not think you would mind paying a lot more money for apple's "cool and hip" products.

Is it just me, or is the design complete awfull?
And i think that a portable 4gb for 249 is not that expensive

Well, considering that the standard 10GB iPod is only $50 more, you can see how it would equate to being a bad deal.

OH and btw, i have over 2000 songs and that's not even 1.5gb... what do they mean by 1000 songs... (320kbps??)

I was hoping this was Apple's new $100 iPod. I would buy a 4GB miniPod for $100 :)

Anyway that's all cool and well. I wouldn't buy one, but it's neat.

THat has to be bull Federelli cause in a folder im looking at now theres 800 songs at about 160Kbps and theyre takin up about 4-5 gigs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back