TechSpot

Apple want to open new Arizona sapphire plant ASAP to build 'critical' components

By Shawn Knight
Jan 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Construction on Apple's new sapphire crystal manufacturing plant in Mesa, Arizona, is apparently moving along as a blistering pace – so much so that the Cupertino-based company has an aggressive plan to open the facility next month but it's what...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,068   +704

Wha-What?! Arizona?! They do know you have to pay tax if you're in this country right?
  3. Is there a law that forces journalists to use slang words instead of a traditional language? I mean, the author has written "eyeballing" twice within several phrases. Why not write "Apple might be considering using this technology in other devices"? Why does it have to be "eyeballing" - it's not even proper English. Eyeballing is "staring or looking at something closely". It _could_ work if it would be "Apple is looking closely at a possibility of using the technology...", but staring at technology makes no sense at all. I wish authors would realise that people come to this site to actually read the news, and not praise the ability of copywriters to jargon-juggle.
  4. If memory servers me right, apple tried this before with my lovely state but didnt go through since apple wanted a severely tax cut (next to nothing) to operate. Guess money talks and tax walks...
  5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Guru Posts: 1,308   +479

Get back in your zeppelin and fly away.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.