AppleCare+ for Apple Watch starts at $59 for Sport, scales up to $999 for Edition

Shawn Knight

Staff member

applecare apple watch pricing sport steel gold apple apple watch apple watch sport apple watch edition extended warranty extended support

Apple Watch is still a few weeks away and in the meantime, we’re learning more and more about Apple’s first-ever wearable. As the week comes to an end, multiple publications are reporting that AppleCare+ pricing has been revealed to them by sources familiar with the matter.

Starting with the entry-level Apple Watch Sport, users can expect to pay $59 for an extra year of technical support for a total of two years as well as two incidents of accidental hardware damage. The mid-range, stainless steel Apple Watch will command $79 for the same extended support and accidental damage coverage.

applecare apple watch pricing sport steel gold apple apple watch apple watch sport apple watch edition extended warranty extended support

AppleCare+ protection for the premium Apple Watch Edition will reportedly set buyers back $999. This high-end 18-karat gold variety (which starts at $10,000) already includes two years of technical support upon purchase. AppleCare+ adds a third year of technical support and accidental damage coverage for up to two incidents.

It’s unclear at this hour how much Apple plans to charge for repairs under AppleCare+. With the iPhone, accidental damage claims are settled with a $79 service fee. Speculating a bit here, I suspect repair fees will scale depending on the model and could be quite expensive for Apple Watch Edition owners.

AppleCare+ for the iPhone can be added during purchase both online and in-store. What’s more, the protection can be added anytime within 60 days of the initial purchase. While unconfirmed, it’s likely that Apple will adopt a similar policy with Apple Watch.

Permalink to story.

This is why I love the $10K Apple Watch edition; not because it looks nice or functions well, but because it opens up peoples' eyes to the filthy richness around the world. $1K used to finance some insurance for a watch could feed hundreds of starving people. This type of stuff makes me sick...

This is why I will never buy any type of apple product this makes me sick. There is much better things to do then spend 10k on an watch for that they don't even give you apple care+ for free there just a greedy freaking company and will always be I cannot wait when that day comes and they close there doors because they made stupid mistakes like this. Apple get your **** together. Your making a fool of yourself s. Your losing customer because you care more about your product and the money then you do your customers. You will fail the time is coming. Take the approach Microsoft is and help your customers and stop being so greedy. I will never be a customer because I just don't like the business model you all follow your about the money and the product not the customer.

This is why I will never buy any type of apple product this makes me sick. There is much better things to do then spend 10k on an watch for that they don't even give you apple care+ for free there just a greedy freaking company and will always be I cannot wait when that day comes and they close there doors because they made stupid mistakes like this. Apple get your **** together. Your making a fool of yourself s. Your losing customer because you care more about your product and the money then you do your customers. You will fail the time is coming. Take the approach Microsoft is and help your customers and stop being so greedy. I will never be a customer because I just don't like the business model you all follow your about the money and the product not the customer.

Welcome to the real world my friend.

This is life changing for me. Not only will I save $400.00 by not buying the watch, I'll save another 60 bucks not buying the service contract.

That's $460.00 in the black kidz, and I won't have to look like an (insert pejorative here), wearing it.....(y)

10/10 troll post, because it was enough for me to reply.

Apple has their "****" together dude, maybe come back after they post several quarters of 'record losses' in a row or something. As of right now they are doing pretty damn good. Also there have been people like you saying Apple is losing customers ever since Apple 'came back', I'm sure you are correct they are losing some, but they are gaining more. Asking Apple to do a Microsoft approach is where you went from subtle to full on troll, Microsoft was the greediest company of the tech world until very recently.

You are an example of why Guests shouldn't be allowed to post on the forums.

I always thought that as far as milking was concerned, one would go for cows. However, Apple has proven once again that the best way to make money is to milk iSheep (and they love Apple for doing so).

Ah well, no surprise that a lot of people of more money than sense.

Back