TechSpot

Apple's CFO Peter Oppenheimer set to retire in September after 18 years

By Justin Kahn
Mar 4, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Long time Apple employee and current chief financial officer Peter Oppenheimer is scheduled to retire by the end of September. Oppenheimer, who spent 18 years at Apple, will be replaced by the current vice president of finance and corporate controller...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

Dunno why but I thought the title read CEO xD

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,514   +2,060

If he wants to learn to fly he can always download Flight Simulator on his Windows phone and Windows PC to save time. :) If he hadn't wasted 18 years of his life at Apple he could've been an accomplished pilot by now. ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  4. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,392   +329

Ye because being a poor low income pilot is better then wasting 18yrs of your life at apple and turning rich right..

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,514   +2,060

I could never imagine myself sitting behind a desk all day toting up figures for the rest of my life. He most likely made a lot of money doing it and good for him, it's his line of work and he presumably enjoys/enjoyed it. I wish him all the best and a happy retirement. I myself am enjoying retirement after almost a lifetime in IT, which on the whole I enjoyed, I guess that's why we do what we all do.
    PS. I can't help being facetious whenever Apple is concerned.