TechSpot

Apple's iPhone gets approved for China Mobile's 700 million subscribers

By Justin Kahn
Sep 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. At yesterday's Apple event, many expected the company to announce the first details regarding a partnership with China Mobile, the world's largest mobile provider. Reports are now saying that Apple is indeed in talks with the Chinese mobile provider regarding...

Read more
  2. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

Another interesting point here is that China Mobile will require new devices to support TD-LTE band 41 by 2014. Currently Apple does not have a device that supports this, so some are expecting a third new iPhone designed specifically for the region.

And they will be $100.00 where us phones will be $700.00
  3. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,150   +241

700million thats a lot...
  4. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

Wow. Over 70% of the Chinese population is under one carrier? Communism at its best.
  5. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 970   +84

I thought that if Apple made a $700 phone for $99, that it must be doing it at a loss to their business just to compete in the area. But I've read elsewhere, that Apple will still have a gross profit margin of 40%. So if Apple sells this cheaper iPhone 5c, don't worry about Apple, because they're still making a lot of money on each phone.
  6. If you think about it, nearly 60% of Americans are under one carrier also, cloaked with different company names but same outrageous pricing. Capitalism (Corporate greed) at its best.
  7. That may be so. However, given the choice between the two, I would take capitalism over communism any day of the week.
  8. iPhone 5C

the "C" that means China instead of Color
  9. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

700 million and 6.99 million make .24 a day

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.