TechSpot

Apple's market cap passes $300 billion

By Emil
Jan 5, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Apple's market capitalization is now above $300 billion, according to Fortune. Market capitalization is the number generated by the stock price multiplied by the number of shares outstanding. Apple passed Microsoft as the most valuable tech company in May 2010.

Read the whole story

2. gwailo247

gwailo247 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,105   +18

Investor: "Yey, I'm rich!"
    Stock Market: *pop*
    Investor: "Boo, I'm poor!"

BTW, could you find a more evil (eviler?) picture of The Turtleneck?

3. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +91

Wow, just the fact that Apple, a simple software and hardware designer, is to be expected to compete with one of the (if not the?) largest oil and gas companies in the world; that alone, is incredibly impressive.

If to the new Apple (2007-), it only took 10 months to achieve what the old Apple Computer (1997-2007) thought of only a dream 26 years ago, I don't really see a reason for them not to achieve $375+ in the next couple of years (or months?).

4. Xclusiveitalian

Xclusiveitalian TS Guru Posts: 692   +48

I'm not surprised they sell products way above market value and people still buy it. They turn huge profits and there investors know it. Apple is "hip" they could make a cardboard box if it had the logo on it they could sell it for $999 and people would buy it lol

5. KG363

KG363 TS Enthusiast Posts: 524   +9

"Exxon's stock has been surging since April 2010"
    Is that a surge up or down?

I just can't see them surpassing Exxon. That would be ridiculous, but now seemingly plausible

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.