TechSpot

Apple's October 22 iPad event gets official, two new tablets expected

By Shawn Knight
Oct 15, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple on Tuesday sent out media invitations for an October 22 event where the company is expected to unveil the fifth generation iPad as well as the second generation iPad mini. The event will take place at the Yerba Buena...

Read more
  2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,070   +704

A multi-colored logo for the event with the tagline 'We still have a lot to COVER'. Sounds like one of the main features of these new ipads will be multiple colored covers. Pretty colors haven't exactly moved a lot 5c models, maybe it'll work with tablets.
  3. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 6,955   +902

I really hope Apple unveils a retina iPad Mini and the new iPads, plus updated MBPs. The Apple TV refresh seems likely. If all of these rumors are true, we could be looking at a massive unveiling from Apple. 2 new iPads, new MBPs, OS X Mavericks, Apple TV, Mac Pro. I am really excited.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,040   +739

Yeah. I'm so excited for Apple that I feel a bowel movement coming.
    JC713 likes this.
  5. JC713

Here, take a like.
  6. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 3,469   +622

And terrible app compatibility, for the iPads?

I'm still waiting on a feasible explanation on how Apple can reveal a Retina Mini without mass fragmentation, and a possible higher-res iPad.
  7. JC713

Well, apps have to progress with tech. We arent gonna stick with the same resolution ipad for more than 3 years. People will want more. In order to do that, app devs will have to keep up.
  8. St1ckM4n

The only problem is, Apple will release yet another product that has no app ecosystem. (iPhone 5). And, as I said before, the only way to make sure there is minimal fragmentation is to make the retina screen twice the resolution. I firmly believe such a resolution at 9.7 inches does not currently exist.
  9. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,016   +152

If this came with a sarcasm tag, I'd rephrase it this way:
    JC713 and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  10. JC713

True. This may occur again with the iPhone 6 next year.
  11. St1ckM4n

And if it does, it will be months before apps will work on such a phone. Old apps will 'function', sure, but they will be tiny and surrounded on four sides by black bars.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.