TechSpot

Apple's retail stores reach new record revene of $57.6 per visitor

By Shawn Knight
May 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Apple stock may be on the decline but you wouldn’t know it if you were to walk into an Apple Store. That’s because Cupertino’s retail outfits have reached new record revenue of $57.60 per visitor according to Horace Dediu from...

Read more

2. General Sam

General Sam TS Member Posts: 26

Who is still buying Apply Products at such an alarming rate??

3. They reach that new record by having too few stores in too populated areas. Living near NYC, the Apple stores within a 5 mile radius are all packed worse than the manufacturing plants that make these products. They fail to mention the majority of "Customers" are also returning customers, in need of replacement/repair.

I dread every visit to those stores. They should have their products available at non-apple stores like Microcenter. At least you can breathe while being helped there.

4. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,173   +243

$13mill a year ain't that much I mean walmart get more than that unless the $13mill is daily which is extremely doubtful.

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,571   +103

Interesting. I've been into Apple stores a few times and never bought a thing. Have the Geniuses been pickpocketing me? Got to love these crazy statistics.

6. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,183   +767

I noticed they forgot to mention what customers spend their money on.

7. lipe123

lipe123 TS Guru Posts: 449   +81

Not to mention the average price of anything in that store is PREMIUM. Comparing avg $/customer to other stores that sell more cheaper items is silly.

This is like saying Ferarri is better than Toyota because the average Ferarri customer spends $500 000 and the Average Toyota Customer spends $30 000 per visit.

8. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,286   +232

I find it interesting that the how much people are spending in Apple Stores is news, but all of the tech sites are skirting around Apple's CEO being called before a congressional committee about Apple's tax evasion strategies... Then again, considering how polarizing Apple opinions are, I guess that avoids the massive flame wars that could ensue...

Anyway, I'm pretty damned impressed that Apple can keep those sales numbers so high. Love them or hate them, it shows that their products sell, and (more relevantly) that they know how to present the products in a face-to-face environment. That last part is becoming a rare commodity these days, with online marketplaces and big "throw everything at them" box stores being the norm. It's almost a little retro touch of the mom & pop stores with personal attention, but with a slick boutique corporate slant.

9. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,029   +913

Impressive.

10. So, just DON'T GO IN !

The stores smell funny, like not nice.

The shade of white hurts my eyes.

The Prozac fed staff are disturbing to say the least.

..and, Steve is dead.

spencer likes this.
  11. Railman

Railman TS Enthusiast Posts: 658   +95

What is their definition of a visitor. Is it everybody who walks through the door or is it paying customers?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.