Application Error! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am having issued with my desktop, i am running WINDOWS xp and for the past 4 days now everytime that i start my pc and i get to the desktop, my icons,start menu, and taskbar dissapear leaving only my background image on my desktop.

I then receieve an error message that states the following.

taskmgr.exe-Application Error
The instruction at :0x43b7a069"referenced memory at "0x00340650".
The memory could not be written.

I have no clue what the problem could be nor how to fix this, this is the 1st time in which ive had this prob with my pc, and im kinda new to the hardware troubleshooting world?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!
TY

ye i have had that problem before, and there ae 2 different ways i sorted it (if it is the same problem i had), i rather pressesd F5 after getting rid of the error message, which will refresh the page (might work), or press ctrl + alt + del (this will open the task manager (might not work seems you are having a problem with it)), then close any applications that may be open and try refreshing the page again, if it doesnt work i cannot help, but that is the way i sorted it with my computer.
but it is odd that you are having problems with your task manager, usually i just get the backgroud showing and thats it.
well hope this helps ya

Hello, elessar310, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a look at the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible :)

Message for all newcomers

Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum :)
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, try what 1bellb said first then if that doesn't work press ctrl + alt + del to bring up your task manager (if it will come up) click on File > New task and type explorer.exe and see if your icons come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back