Application Popup: MachineCheck in Event Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hikerbear

Hi All;
In a recent clean install of Windows XP SP2 Home Edition after a month I am seeing in Event Viewer, System- 8 instances of Application Popup: MachineCheck: alternating with MachineCheck: Regs
This is from a cold boot. If I pause in the BIOS it does not occur, nor if I restart. It starts first at say 1:37:35PM and all 8 are at the same time. The Event Log is reported starting at 1:37:45PM and the remainder is normal.
It does not seem to cause any problems.
I have searched here before posting, and other forums with no helpful solution.
It is Event ID 26 and the Microsoft Help and Support Center states the error is a driver problem. I have not added any devices, or made changes that I am aware of, and as I said, all is running normally.
I certainly would like to stop it and hope that someone has an answer.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Roger a.k.a. Hikerbear

PS I'm shown as logged in, but when I preview I get a msg that says I am not logged in. Howcome?

Post Suggestion

mixedmultitude said:
I'm so frustrated. This happens to me continually. Event log registers 26 "Application Popup" Grrrr, help please

If I were you, I would post this as a seperate item rather than tagged onto mine which is old and won't get the play you might want.

Hi;
It's not that it's old or new in terms of the date.... It's old because it's been read by most and put aside as I said all was running normally so few, or none will pay any attention to it and therefore they don't see yours.
Just a suggestion..
I've not found an answer, but will try other forums and post back here in a few days.

Roger a.k.a. Hikerbear

Are the reports in Event Viewer highlighted in yellow or red. If yellow, I would not worry about it... Keep good notes about performance and startup loads.
Do you have plenty of memory and other resources, because even a pause will sometimes cause a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back