TechSpot

Application Popup: MachineCheck in Event Viewer

By hikerbear
Dec 9, 2007
  1. Hi All;
    In a recent clean install of Windows XP SP2 Home Edition after a month I am seeing in Event Viewer, System- 8 instances of Application Popup: MachineCheck: alternating with MachineCheck: Regs
    This is from a cold boot. If I pause in the BIOS it does not occur, nor if I restart. It starts first at say 1:37:35PM and all 8 are at the same time. The Event Log is reported starting at 1:37:45PM and the remainder is normal.
    It does not seem to cause any problems.
    I have searched here before posting, and other forums with no helpful solution.
    It is Event ID 26 and the Microsoft Help and Support Center states the error is a driver problem. I have not added any devices, or made changes that I am aware of, and as I said, all is running normally.
    I certainly would like to stop it and hope that someone has an answer.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Roger a.k.a. Hikerbear

PS I'm shown as logged in, but when I preview I get a msg that says I am not logged in. Howcome?

2. mixedmultitude

mixedmultitude TS Rookie

Same Problem

I'm so frustrated. This happens to me continually. Event log registers 26 "Application Popup" Grrrr, help please

3. hikerbear

hikerbear TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 35

Post Suggestion

If I were you, I would post this as a seperate item rather than tagged onto mine which is old and won't get the play you might want.

4. mixedmultitude

mixedmultitude TS Rookie

Ok thx

Is 12/09/07 old? Plus I also figured that it would show as new info or updated or something :) Have you found any resolution?

5. hikerbear

hikerbear TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 35

Hi;
    It's not that it's old or new in terms of the date.... It's old because it's been read by most and put aside as I said all was running normally so few, or none will pay any attention to it and therefore they don't see yours.
    Just a suggestion..
    I've not found an answer, but will try other forums and post back here in a few days.

Roger a.k.a. Hikerbear

6. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Are the reports in Event Viewer highlighted in yellow or red. If yellow, I would not worry about it... Keep good notes about performance and startup loads.
    Do you have plenty of memory and other resources, because even a pause will sometimes cause a report.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.