TechSpot

April Fools!

By SuperCheetah
Mar 22, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. APRIL FOOL

Dell calls it quits

I seriously doubt this is true, but I saw this over at http://www.theonion.com/onion3810/corporation_reaches_goal.html :

If anyone can confirm this it would be great, cause I just can't seem to believe it...
  2. svtcobra

svtcobra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 875

That is the biggest joke I have ever read. Its probably the funniest thing I have read in awhile but it cant be true.
  3. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

4. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 868

Just making sure. I thought it was *garbage when I first read it too, but I had to get some opinions.
    Man people will do anything for attention these days...

(*edited by mod)
  5. MrGaribaldi

MrGaribaldi TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,802

If you check out the rest of the site, you'll find that there isn't anything remotely serious...

Checking out what my horoscope is for this week, i find:
    need I say more...

BTW: TheOnion is just hilarious :haha:
  6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,550   +96

Yeah I have been an onion reader for a while.
    You should be able to tell from the content that its all satire.
    Also there is a UK version called something like www.untitleddocument.co.uk
  7. Whack0

Whack0 TS Rookie Posts: 169

APRIL FOOLS

Anyone here schemed or was a victim of a good April Fool's joke?
    (schemed: you actually did it....or something)

well, i did this before, but i dont think i'm gonna do it again: you know the hose that sits on your kitchen sink that some of you might have? i taped the hose's handle to the hose's neck (so it's "activated"), aimed it to where someone would stand, and waited for an unsuspecting victim....
    ....my brother came downstairs and went to the sink to wash his hands. right when he pulled up the sink's handle, the hose let out a nice stream of cold water, and drenched my brother's shirt. the next thing i knew, i was on the floor, laughing my arse off while my brother was beating me up.
    (note: for those who dont know about the hose thing, it only "turns on" if the sink is "on"....dunno if that helps)

i also had another good giggle at rage3d's site...
  8. david5182

david5182 TS Rookie Posts: 46

9. SuperCheetah

This is the biggest load of BS I'll seen since they said Dell was calling it quits. Do you honestly think AMD would just sell out after coming so far???

Good one Uncle Tom!

Update just look at the bottom of the page when it is loading. The name of the page has April's fool written into it! Or you can just put your mouse over the link to the next page, either one works.
  10. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

Re: Nvidia Buys AMD

Please see our story last year entitled "BitBoys Oy purchase NVIDIA core assets"
  11. boeingfixer

boeingfixer TS Rookie Posts: 1,245

It's real, honest, just wait til tomorrow to get the punch line. :evil:

12. TS | Thomas

TS | Thomas TS Rookie Posts: 1,327

The funny thing is there will be people that do believe this, despite reading "We're going to be using a cheap version of the BeOS, and completely doing away with Microsoft and Intel. Corel is going to supply an Office Suite for us, and we're going to make everything Open Source and Linux. We won't have to do a thing on the software side. There's millions of pieces of really, really useful shareware out there".
  13. uncleel

President Bush's Conversion to Islam !!!

White House Announces Bush Conversion
    http://www.unknowncountry.com/news/?id=1396

George Walker Bush, the 43rd President of the United States has announced his conversion to Islam.

The First Lady is having a series of burqas designed by Versace. She will be fully covered, but will wear different burqas, depending on the occasion. For example, her sports burqa is made of exclusive Egyptian cotton, and is light enough to enable her to continue to indulge her passion for swimming.

APRIL FOOLS
  14. uncleel

Drive-thru shopping!

Driver Hits Bull's-Eye On Target Store
    ctnow news
    By KEN BYRON, Courant Staff Writer April 1, 2002
  15. SuperCheetah

Yet another April fool's joke....

16. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

April Fool's Day history
  17. SuperCheetah

This really doesn't belong here as I don't think it is an April Fool's joke, but I didn't think it warranted its own thread. It's pretty funny so take a look:

18. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

I thought someone would post these...

Taken from DigitLife

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.