TechSpot

Are my timings/cpu bus speed correct?

By Guitarplayer
Mar 29, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've built a computer for the first time and I'm not sure about a few things.. First of all my memory frequency is only clocked at 266.7mhz. Isn't that really low considering I have dual DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) sticks? Also is my timing good on it or should I modify it in anyway? Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Since you haven't posted any information about your system in your profile, you could at least help us & do it here. :p
  3. Guitarplayer

Guitarplayer TS Rookie Topic Starter

My Computer Specs:

Centurion 5 Case - 700w Thermal Take Toughpower

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 2.4ghz Conroe

Motherboard ABIT IN9 32X-MAX LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel

8800gtx 768mb EVGA

SUPER TALENT 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)

HITACHI 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
  4. eazy_duz_em

eazy_duz_em TS Rookie Posts: 170

Dram Speeds are lower than normal
    When computer starts open the bios page and set up Your DRAM/FSB Ratio to 1:3(or set it to automatic);
    Hope i helped.
  5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

You have to go in the ĀµGuru section of your motherboard's BIOS & play with the settings there.

The settings you'll need to play with are "MEM" & "FSB:Memory Ratio". In the "Estimated DDR2 Data Rate", you should have 800.0 as a result.
  6. Guitarplayer

Guitarplayer TS Rookie Topic Starter

it won't let me load the modified bios, it now says CMOS Checksum Error F1 to continue, del to enter setup..etc , and it loads the defaults, i even reset it back to normal and it says checksum error
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.