Are my timings/cpu bus speed correct?

By Guitarplayer
Mar 29, 2007
  1. I've built a computer for the first time and I'm not sure about a few things.. First of all my memory frequency is only clocked at 266.7mhz. Isn't that really low considering I have dual DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) sticks? Also is my timing good on it or should I modify it in anyway? Thanks for the help!

Attached Files:

2. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Since you haven't posted any information about your system in your profile, you could at least help us & do it here. :p
  3. Guitarplayer

Guitarplayer TS Rookie Topic Starter

My Computer Specs:

Centurion 5 Case - 700w Thermal Take Toughpower

Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 2.4ghz Conroe

Motherboard ABIT IN9 32X-MAX LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel

8800gtx 768mb EVGA

HITACHI 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
  4. eazy_duz_em

eazy_duz_em TS Rookie Posts: 102

Dram Speeds are lower than normal
    When computer starts open the bios page and set up Your DRAM/FSB Ratio to 1:3(or set it to automatic);
    Hope i helped.
  5. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

You have to go in the ĀµGuru section of your motherboard's BIOS & play with the settings there.

The settings you'll need to play with are "MEM" & "FSB:Memory Ratio". In the "Estimated DDR2 Data Rate", you should have 800.0 as a result.
  6. Guitarplayer

Guitarplayer TS Rookie Topic Starter

it won't let me load the modified bios, it now says CMOS Checksum Error F1 to continue, del to enter setup..etc , and it loads the defaults, i even reset it back to normal and it says checksum error
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.