are there issues with PC 9600Pro + Asus P4SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

are there any known issues with a PowerColor 9600Pro + Asus P4SD mobo?? cuz ever since i installed my card.. everythings been messy.. like.. CPU slowed down.. i get artifacts on Age of Empires.. i get choppy effects on Counterstrike (but the fps is maxed =S) and i play NFSU2 fine..

the desktop visual effects are also laggy.. wuts goin on? :'(

Could be a mobo bios issue. Have a look at it to see. Also, make sure all your old graphics drivers are removed. Let me know if you need help with either.

hmm.. i did call the shop where ib ought it today n told them the problem.. they asked wut model mobo i have n the manager sed that there are some issues when installing that type of Vid card on my type of mobo... =S but yea.. i'll try reinstalling drivers..

would it be better to get an Asus brand vid card? since my mobo is Asus?

Im an ATI man myself so I dont know anything about Asus cards. But your problem souds exactly like a friends one where it turned out that he was still running the drivers and software for his old card. You could try booting in safe mode by pressing f8 during bootup. Then remove all graphics drivers. Let me know if you need any help doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back