Are These Good Motherboards?

By akaivan
May 22, 2006
  1. HEy guys looking to buy a new socket 478 motherboard.
    I have a
    p4 2.4 ghz
    1x 512 mb ram, pc2700
    120 gig hard drive
    radeon se 9200 pci
    (wat else is there........)

so i found this for a good price(im cheap)

msi 478

Im not that good with computers so if you find something better for cheap. SHOW me

heres some other that may be good.'

biostar 478

i need your buying help. = )
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

frankly, I would not purchase any of them. Your motherobard is the foundation of your system it is not a place to be cheap. If you have an intel CPU go with a board based on intel chipsets.

take a look at these boards there are some nice intel 865PE based boards here for only a few dollars more than what you posted and they are well worth the extra money.
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

You most certainly do not want a Biostar motherboard.
  4. akaivan

akaivan TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 470

O ok thanks, it sound and looked cheap anyway. But wich should i get.
  5. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 937

I don't consider going from one crappy agp board to another crappy agp board an upgrade. If you want to upgrade, save up the money and upgrade, not switch brands. I would suggest saving up 5-6 hundred dollars, and buying a new pci-e motherboard, a new cpu, and a new video card.
  6. akaivan

akaivan TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 470

wow, im not going that far. Maybe in a few years, ir the world is still going to be here. all i needed another motherboard so i can use my extra ram i have sittin around.And so it can run it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.