TechSpot

Are These Good Motherboards?

By akaivan
May 22, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HEy guys looking to buy a new socket 478 motherboard.
    I have a
    p4 2.4 ghz
    1x 512 mb ram, pc2700
    120 gig hard drive
    radeon se 9200 pci
    cd-r
    dvd
    (wat else is there........)

so i found this for a good price(im cheap)

msi 478

Im not that good with computers so if you find something better for cheap. SHOW me

heres some other that may be good.'

biostar 478

OR HERES ANOTHER LIST LOOK HERE
    list

i need your buying help. = )
  2. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,896

frankly, I would not purchase any of them. Your motherobard is the foundation of your system it is not a place to be cheap. If you have an intel CPU go with a board based on intel chipsets.

take a look at these boards there are some nice intel 865PE based boards here for only a few dollars more than what you posted and they are well worth the extra money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...80 1070509907 4026&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=280
  3. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

You most certainly do not want a Biostar motherboard.
  4. akaivan

akaivan TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 620

O ok thanks, it sound and looked cheap anyway. But wich should i get.
  5. twite

twite TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,083

I don't consider going from one crappy agp board to another crappy agp board an upgrade. If you want to upgrade, save up the money and upgrade, not switch brands. I would suggest saving up 5-6 hundred dollars, and buying a new pci-e motherboard, a new cpu, and a new video card.
  6. akaivan

akaivan TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 620

wow, im not going that far. Maybe in a few years, ir the world is still going to be here. all i needed another motherboard so i can use my extra ram i have sittin around.And so it can run it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.