Are these system specs good? Xp or Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadpill924

Hi, I'm going to be ordering a new PC from www.cyberpower.com and I wanted to know if these were good computer specs someone gave me. You can just ignore the things like [+175] and stuff because that is only the recommendation of it. So tell me if there is anyone I should change, because it seems pretty good to me. It is from this link. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Intel_Core_2_Duo_Custom_Build_Configurator/

IGNORE THE 2x512 MB RAM STICKS, I AM GOING TO BUY BETTER RAM AT NEWEGG.

I am also wondering if I should get Vista Home Premium 64/32-bit, Vista Home Basic 64/34-bit or Windows XP sp 2.

# *BASE_PRICE: [+575]
# CAS: ($10 off Mail-in Rebate) New! Raidmax Sagitta II Mid-Tower 420W Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window (Silver Color)
# CASUPGRADE: NONE
# CS_FAN: Extra Case Cooling Fan [+3] (2 x Fans [+3])
# CPU: (Quad-Core)Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz 1066FSB 8MB L2 Cache 64-bit [+114]
# CD: 16X DVD ROM [-21] (BLACK COLOR)
# CD2: NONE
# CABLE: None
# FLOPPY: NONE [-5]
# FLASHMEDIA: None [-3]
# FREEBIE_VC2: None
# FREEBIE_CU: FREE Game! Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
# FAN: INTEL LGA775 CERTIFIED CPU FAN & HEATSINK
# HDD: Single Hard Drive (200GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+9])
# HDD2: NONE
# IEEE_CARD: NONE
# KEYBOARD: NONE [-7]
# MOUSE: NONE [-5]
# MODEM: NONE
# MONITOR: NONE
# MONITOR2: NONE
# MOTHERBOARD: Asus P5N-E nForce 650i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2 Mainboard [+34]
# MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
# NETWORK: ADDITIONAL PCI 32 BIT 10/100 NETWORK CARD [+8]
# OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition [+19])
# PRINTER: None
# PRINTER_CABLE: None
# PRO_WIRING: None
# POWERSUPPLY: 500 Watts Power Supplies [+49] (**Recommended** NZXT PP500 500Watts Power Supply)
# RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
# SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS 24/7 LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
# SOUND: Creative Labs SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio 24-BIT PCI Sound Card [+64]
# SPEAKERS: NONE [-5]
# TEMP: NONE (AS SHOWN)
# TVRC: None
# USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
# UPS: None
# USBHD: NONE
# VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express [+180] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
# VIDEO2: NONE
# VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
# WNC: NONE
# _PRICE: (+1116)

I don't want to spend over 1150$ on the computer, shipping isn't included.

Hi,
I think u put in a lot of info that is useless, that is why no one has replied you, anyway, the are good for vista with i think a ration of 3.0, and the best for Winxp.And if u are going to game with it, then i suggest u go for Winxp.Tho i also dont know whether that is a good PSU like Rage says.

A good quality PSU with at least 28-30A on the +12V rail would be best. The Corsair 450VX is an excellent buy IMO.

gaming? or not?

most of the assembled computers you see will try to go cheap on the power supply. sure, adequate power level in watts, but the quality counts.
if you plan to do intensive gaming, you will probably want to either choose a specific power supply, or just replace it when the computer arrives.

with the gaming, the vid card will take up to 100 watts itself.

if you are not planning on doing extensive gaming, then drop the quality level of the vid card and the wattage rating of the power supply and save some money.

toms hardware has some info.
http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/29/geforce_8800_gt/page14.html

if it is a new system I would recommend Vista because at some point Vista will replace XP; their maybe problems with some software and hardware now but this is what happend to XP when it first came out. It will save you money down the road. Think about this, you will be buying a copy of XP then in a year or two buying a copy of Vista.

I agree that the power supply will need an upgrade - 500 Watts should be okay but it will more likely than not be a cheap power supply meaning that you will not be able to work with all 500 watts. I would suggest to purchase the system as is then purchase a power supply afterward. That way if something happens to the new power supply you have then you will have a backup for a little while until you get a new power supply. I suggest looking at a major supplier such as Antec. Newegg is a good spot to look. Make sure it matches the type of power supply you motherboard supports and it has enough connectors to meet your need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back