Are you into doing computer graphics?

acidosmosis

I went to college for computer animation starting October 2000 for one year (dropped out later because of car trouble -- was going to school in another state and couldn't pay for the replacement car that I had to buy and pay for other expenses such as rent). I went to the Academy of Design in Tampa Florida. Anyway, was just wondering how many of you have done or do computer graphics?

If you do, throw us up some examples of your work. I would be interested in seeing it.

Here is some of my work:

I am still working on these three images. The pictures are of me (taken with my digital camera) and of my brothers Mustang. The gradient background is temporary for editing purposes.

GROO8582CustomImage1239300.jpg

GROO8582CustomImage1246422.jpg

GROO8582CustomImage1299409.jpg

The following is finished material. All images except for the girl in the "poster" were scanned out of magazines and edited.
The makeup that you see on her eyes was added in Photoshop.

GROO8582CustomImage1265449.jpg

The motorcycle was scanned and then edited in Photoshop. The FOX Racing logo in the background was scanned out of a magazine also (the logo was only about an inch by an inch wide).

GROO8582CustomImage1279959.jpg

The background image below is a stock photo taken off an old cd of mine, the text is a poem written by me added into the image, and the 2 stars were added from inside of 3D Studio Max.
GROO8582CustomImage1286560.jpg

I have some graphics experience... Although mostly 2D. I don't claim to being great, since most of the stuff I do is for the web. I've always been a pencil & paper artist, rather than computer graphics.

I used to draw some and was pretty decent at it, but when I went to college and had to draw 300 frames of hand drawn animations + 20 life drawings a week I found it hard to get the motivation to draw better :).

Nice artwork, and no I don't know anything about computer graphics, though I do like computer games.

I guess you need to be pretty dedicated, and have a lot of patience, to get to a decent level, and I've never really had the inclination, though I do admire good artwork.

I used to 'attempt' to play the guitar (I was never any good at it), a few years back, and I still have a couple of guitars locked away somewhere.

There are just so many things that soak up vast amounts of time, that somewhere down the line you just have to make choices, and so end up dropping some of your hobbies to concentrate on more important matters.

I don't suppose you play in an 'acid' band perchance?
Oh, and nice Guitar, is it a real Gibson?

PS: Don't you find it strange that when you see a photo of someone that posts regularly, they are never quite how you imagined them to look like? That top picture almost looks like you're doing an Eddie Van Halen, though I see its just a bit of vibrato in retrospect. :D

This is my banner I have to do for my Final project in HTML ... in school. It was kind of my first one, I didn't really try, I did it really quick. My first one after learning Photoshop in school (by the way, I have lots of creativity in gfx design, just need to learn):

bgbanner.jpg

I know it sux, but give comments.. it's my first time! :D

P.S. that's me in the picture, in a crappy computer lab at school (there's a better one though)

Actually those are two different guitars ;-) One is red the other is bronze. They are both Ibanez guitars, not Gibson hehe. The bronze guitar is basically the same model as the red just one model higher but almost exactly the same design. The main differences in those two models is one of one comes in certain colors, the other in other colors. The main difference is the bridge's on these guitars. I think maybe you thought it was a gibson because of the Gibson guitar strap? :) I just love that strap and I like Gibson guitars. Well the Les Paul versions anyway. My preferred guitar is a Paul Reed Smith McCarty Soapbar with Dove inlays :).

As far as the graphics, those were actually pretty easy to do. I haven't done any real graphics in about 11 months and just started again the other day. I the top two in about 20 minutes each (but I'm not finished). Once you do it abotu 10-20 times it gets very easy to repeat the procedure to cut out a selection in Photoshop.

SharkFinBowl: One question? What is a sharkfinbowl? lol

Nic, Im 100% Photoshop on those sigs :grinthumb Just alot of stuff like, resizing, croping, background droping,etc. Which is all done in PS. Add some effects, gradients, text and vulla! There beholds such "sigs". The Iverson#3 is one of my favorites, it just looks really cool how its 3Dish.

FYI: I go by Bucky or Buck][Bumble everywhere else but here, so that explains why the sigs arnt "agissi".

I've never used photoshop much, though I did once try some photo effects using it. I didn't know it was also a drawing tool for creating images, maybe I'll take another look at it.

Nic, I've seen images done ONLY in Photoshop that looked like 3D Studio Max images with downright AMAZING quality and realism. In some of the ones I've seen done in just Photoshop I could not even tell they were CG. Well, I could but it was that real.

No offense agissi, but that site's not very good...it's cluttered, hard to navigate, and most of all slow, even on cable...and it has way too many images, cut it down a little!

And the sigs aren't all that either, most are just some cut and paste with filters and some text effects...

Jello - (sigs) I know they arnt anything special, im still learning :p
(site) Its designed to be viewed offline, and is what I entered in a National contest...May I also add I won that contest :p But i was wondering, in what ways is it hard to navigate?

at my highschool downers grove south i was in drafting and was the best in the class. we used auto cad for that. we didnt really get into the advanced stuff but u can make 3d models w/ that. im going to be in drafting 2 next semester and i hope we do some 3d stuff there.

and next year when im a senior hopefully ill be able to go to this technical school for half the day to be in a "game making" class. that way ill be ahead of the game for college. anyways thats what i want to do once i grow up. make games.

My goal is to be a game programmer, too. I want to make the next Final Fantasy game and take over Square-Enix or start my own.

I'm in college struggling for a Computer Science degree. My school sucks because they don't specialize in video gaming. At times I feel I'm wasting my time there, but I do get exposed to different areas of the field which is priceless. May be not coz I'm poor.

So I decided to do some self-studying outside of school and got a book on learning opengl. According to folks I've talked to who work in the industry, that is a good step forward.

lol this post is from 2003. i was just thinking bout this cause i was telling some other guy not to start up old post. anyways im only 16 (feb1 bday) and if i end up making games when i get older i want to work on a MMO ww2 first person shooter game. i thought about it this one time. call it "NORMANDY" cause thats what its gonna be. normandy in ww2. have 1 server with a limitless number of people and have the people fight from dday till whenever it ends and then restart the server to dday again.

or id call it "GERMANY the 1940s" or something along that line and expand it to the entire country. so its not just american based.

im sure by the time i actually get outta school and into the industry theyll be some preety amazing stuff id be able to do.

ps. have u guys heard of ww2 online? its a mmo ww2 fps game but i want mine to have graphics like cod2 x10. and i havent even played cod2 in dx9 mode.

Back