Ariana Grande will appear in Final Fantasy mobile game Brave Exvius

midian182

Staff member

For those who’ve never heard of Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius before, it’s an iOS/Android spinoff from the popular RPG franchise that was released worldwide in June 2016. The free-to-play, turn-based title is proving extremely popular, and it’s about to grab the attention of an even larger audience after singer Ariana Grande revealed she will be making a guest appearance in the game.

The musician announced the news to her near 100 million Instagram followers yesterday. “pretty little thing holds her own in a room of men in suits,” she wrote. “I'm SO so excited to finally share that I'll be featured in FINAL FANTASY BRAVE EXVIUS *crying*.”

Grande’s character in Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius wears the same latex bunny costume seen on the front of her Dangerous Woman album and in the video for the album’s title track. She shared a “little peek” of the animated sprite on Instagram.

"Check out my character in the game, it's the cutest thing I've ever seen in my entire life and I'm so excited and in love with it I cannot contain myself," she excitedly stated. No word yet about when it will arrive or how the new character will be implemented.

a little peek at DW featured in #FFBEWW ????? ♡????

A video posted by Ariana Grande (@arianagrande) on

The Gumi-developed FF: Brave Exvius has been downloaded over 8 million times worldwide. It first launched back in October 2015 in Japan, before arriving in other locations eight months later. It includes several famous Final Fantasy elements, such as magic spells, summons, and limit breaks.

Ariana won’t be the first musician to appear in a video game. Anyone who’s played Vice City Stories may recall having to protect Phil Collins from assassination; the Beastie Boys were unlockable characters in NBA Jam; and the only good thing about the Xbox/PlayStation 2 adaption of Fight Club was the opportunity to punch Limp Bizkit’s Fred Durst in the face.

Permalink to story.

This introduces quite a few questions. First, does she even understand or know the product she's being placed in. I wouldn't have pegged her to be a gamer, however I'm quite willing to accept being wrong on that front. Second, who decided on this? At what point was it decided that what a mobile Final Fantasy game really needed was the voice acting of a young Disney cumbucket? That really is the extent of my respect for Disney, sorry. Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, will this really help to add quality or add to the sales of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, beyond the additional sales that a bit of news would generate?

This introduces quite a few questions. First, does she even understand or know the product she's being placed in. I wouldn't have pegged her to be a gamer, however I'm quite willing to accept being wrong on that front. Second, who decided on this? At what point was it decided that what a mobile Final Fantasy game really needed was the voice acting of a young Disney cumbucket? That really is the extent of my respect for Disney, sorry. Thirdly, and perhaps most importantly, will this really help to add quality or add to the sales of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, beyond the additional sales that a bit of news would generate?
Well, it's not going to add anything to the game, it's just her voice you hear. If it helps sales it's going to be something so small you could barely see it.

Had to google her. Then again I had no idea what Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius was. :)

According to a Kutaku comment she's huge in Japan, which I guess is why this makes sense.

Don't like her music (just sampled some on YouTube) but got to admire someone who started doing charity work at age 10.

And...no one has a problem with her "self glossing" herself as "pretty lil one?" a bit pretentious if you ask me, oh but then again, look who were talking about!

Hey it's 2017 - this is a tech site - I don't want to read terms like "cumbucket" - it's disrespectful - likewise further down wanted to see her naked by another poster - these aren't hidden away forums - I just signed in - as I enjoy techspot for a quick summary - easy to read topics - I'm sure many others do not need this as well. Thanks

"Hey it's 2017 - this is a tech site"

Which begs the question as to why Kotaku, a site known for extreme clickbait, japanophilia, and **** picks, is featured so heavily on a "tech site". That should be your problem, not that someone expressed their opinion on an OPEN FORUM.

"Hey it's 2017 - this is a tech site"

Which begs the question as to why Kotaku, a site known for extreme clickbait, japanophilia, and **** picks, is featured so heavily on a "tech site". That should be your problem, not that someone expressed their opinion on an OPEN FORUM.

Thanks for letting me know who Kotaku is - not my thing - I do know what ecchi is in anime & avoid that unless compelling other reasons . I only clicked on the story as there was comments - there is always going to be clicked bait apple/samsung , m/s windows 10 etc - once a month I'll look at the Daily Mail - full of click bait . Techspot still has a lot of good stories - plus they do think about weekend reading - where as The Register, Ars Technica do not . It's also good to see T/S is not pre-moderated - so the onus is on us to make this a friendly place for everyone to read comments . The commentators point would of worked quite well without that term - we all understand the appeal of good looking people. If they had stated Disney Hotty - I'll be fine with that ( I'm sure some SJWs wouldn't be ) - but to imply this young person would take on all and every person it every possible is just not nice ( unless this commentator is equating actors to prostitution - still not original & can be better expressed )

Back