Arrrggg! DirectX problems deny me from WoW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To keep the story short, I bought World of Warcraft, a Blizzard game. First, here's some info for anyone who might help me out. I have ME, Radeon9200, and WoW requires DX9.c. I installed DX9.c correctly, and upon restarting I saw the standard 'updating system configuration' (or something to that effect). At this point my energetic 10 year old little sister decides to turn the power off. Knowing that my sister may have just doomed the already unreliable OS that ME is, I quickly turned the power on and tried it out. Alas DirectX9.c was not completely installed. I've tried reinstalling it, editing the registry, using the DX diagnostic tool to look for any obvious problems, and even called the Microsoft tech support. I went through 3 low-level techs, a senior tech, their research department, and still no fix. They eventually just gave up and told me I'd have to reinstall ME. :dead: I no longer have any of these disks, as they were tragically lost in a move. So, Microsoft is shipping me a copy of ME (no charge), and I sit here with my free month of play wasting away. If only DX wasn't integrated in Microsoft OSs, and was easier to uninstall/reinstall. Any help from the Microsoft gurus out there would be greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Other than waiting for your new Windows disk to arrive the only other thing is the following link.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4347

This is a programme that claims to uninstall DirectX.

I don`t know if it works or not as I have never used it so cannot guarantee it`s effectiveness.

If you decide to try it please let us know your results for future reference.

On the otherhand if it screws up your system then you will probably have to do a complete format and reinstall of your OS when it arrives.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I'm going to dl it in a min. As you can read my problem is not something thatcan be solved by the conventional solutions so I'm all for this. Unreliable OS, unknown program, I wonder what is going to happen. *Crosses fingers, and clicks the link*

Ty, alot man. Just follow the directions, and it works. This makes me really think even worse of Microsoft. Warning though the english used in this program isn't 100% understandable. Now, I just have a bunch of wavy lines on the game menu. I'm pretty sure this is due to framerate though, and I think I can fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back