Article suggestions?

TS | Thomas

Any suggestions on guides you'd like to see posted, or perhaps reviews too even, then post up your thoughts here (& that doesn't count Linux/Mac on my part ;)).

Registry tutorial

I really admire people who can actually work with the registry. Maybe a guide (not tweaking) on the registry in general?

Ever finish the monitor tweaking guide? Still got an old version of it backed up in \program file\icq\received files\3dsthomas ;)

The Real uncleel

Via 4:1 Driver Comparison.
Installed lastest 4.37 drivers, causing crashing, lockup & boot-up problems

The 4.37 are listed as XP compatible, but appear to have problems on Win/ 98 I wonder if they should be listed as XP only?

Originally posted by 3DS Julio
NVIDIA GeForce 2/3/4 tweak guide...

Don't forget how to o/c and cooling techniques

Reviews!

Why not registry tweaking? I mean it is REALLY dangerous...but only non risky safe stuff (or is that an oxymoron when involving registry?)

Originally posted by 3DSThomas

7 pages done so far.

... excellent
burnsicon.gif

Re: The Real uncleel

Originally posted by uncleel
Via 4:1 Driver Comparison.
Installed lastest 4.37 drivers, causing crashing, lockup & boot-up problems

The 4.37 are listed as XP compatible, but appear to have problems on Win/ 98 I wonder if they should be listed as XP only?

Amen to that!
4:1 comparison/bugs in w98, 2k and Xp...

That way we'll know which to install and which to avoid... :)

Speaker Reviews? Some websites lack this section! I think its a boost for 3DS if there are more audio reviews especially speakers which are becoming mor important these days.

Originally posted by young&wild
Speaker Reviews? Some websites lack this section! I think its a boost for 3DS if there are more audio reviews especially speakers which are becoming mor important these days.
1 Speaker reviews done - SW320, 2.1 system. just needs posting.
Next up I should be doing the Inspire 5.1 5300, though guess that depends on how well/bad the SW320 goes down.

Originally posted by 3DS Julio
what's the status of the GeForce tweak guide?
3 or 4 settings left to cover. Don't think I'll bother with overclocking, least not in this update. Bit too many geforce overclocking guides out there ;) so not too pushed about having that in just now.

Originally posted by young&wild
Are 3DS Members allowed to contribute some reviews volunterily?

Sure man, just get in contact with me directly and let me know what you have in mind. :grinthumb

is extracting the content from some of the famous threads into an article/guide possible?
i'm sure we have some very good threads around.

I guess that could be possible, however I believe the initiative should go from the person posting the information and summing everything up so it's more of an article that can be posted on the site.

Cooler Roundup would be nice. I cant find a decent site that has a roundup of cpu coolers around 20-40 dollars and a link to where we can find them.

Originally posted by Arris
How about some PDA stuff?
You seem quite keen on PDA since you got your Palm Julio...

The truth is that I'm just using my Palm ocasionally, nothing interesting I think I could report on PDAs other than news.

Will there be a roundup with the newest 4in1's?

It'd help out new people seing that what they install won't chrash the entire install and require a format...

Originally posted by MrGaribaldi
Will there be a roundup with the newest 4in1's?

It'd help out new people seing that what they install won't chrash the entire install and require a format...
I wouldn't mind be involved in that thought at the moment have a VIA/AMD motherboard so I can't use the 4-in-1's.

Back