TechSpot

ASPI error

By bretty
Sep 6, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just installed some ASPI drivers.

I was able to pass through a AC-3 stream to my decoder fone before I installed these..

Can anyone let me know how to UNinstall these things. they are not listed in add/remove programs.
    Thanks..

Brett
  2. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Oh, I don't think you will be uninstalling those in a hurry. At least not properly anywayz. :(

Where did you get the drivers?

The best you can do is try to get alternative ASPI layer from somewhere else and try that.

The kind you are thinking about is system wide and not easily got rid of.

It is possible to manually remove the ASPI layer, but be warned for a product like easy CD creator, the process will be something like this:

http://www.tek-tips.com/gviewthread.cfm/lev2/66/lev3/68/pid/602/qid/323804

And I have not checked whether this is BS or not. More info comming if I find more. But I would like to know where you got the ASPI drivers from.
  3. bretty

bretty TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 138

So you think I should just leave them?

I have got the external decoder going OK. Are they good for the system though???
  4. Phantasm66

ASPI is an interface specification developed by Adaptec that provides a common language between drivers and SCSI host adapters. It also provides a way of sending SCSI like commands to IDE devices. Its very important and certain is worth keeping.
  5. sicarius

sicarius TS Rookie Posts: 35

http://www.nu2.nu/aspi/

http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa571/aspi.htm

Somewhere like this? I would like to know why you loaded them? As Phantasm said this is a layer loaded so the computer can comminicate with both SCSI and ATAPI devices. Were you just trying to get the most current drivers?

S>
  6. KrazyKevin

KrazyKevin TS Rookie

Hey Bretty there is a much easier way to remove your aspi drivers. Theres a program called Force ASPI. I used it to totally remove my ASPI layer, and then I reinstalled them to correct some problems before. Let me know if you want it. I can email it to you or hunt the link where I downloaded it from. It's several diff lilttle programs in one little zip file.
  7. Phantasm66

8. bretty

bretty TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 138

Thanks fella's.

That program worked a charm!! its all good.

Thanks again to all that replied.
  9. KrazyKevin

KrazyKevin TS Rookie

Glad we could be of some help Bretty.
  10. Phantasm66

11. KrazyKevin

KrazyKevin TS Rookie

Your welcome. I ran into a few weeks ago as I was trying to CloneCD to work on my machine. It kept telling me my aspi layer wasn't installed. When I tried to install it with the aspi layer from adaptec's site, it would only install two of the 4 components. I used the force kill file from the Force ASPI zip to take out all the files, and when I installed again, magically everything worked. I don't know what was wrong, but it fixed it. It seemed to help Bretty out also. Night night, just got off graveyards here in Texas, its time to hit the hay.

Kevin

12. mars9

mars9 TS Rookie

aspi errors

After I use killasp. from the Force Aspi zip, can I delete the entire adaptec folder w/out causing any system damage. I am not sure if the .dll and other system are still connected.

stephen.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.