Aspire PC, can't access the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredericklee

Mobo Graphic

Hi

My friend has just bought a Aspire computer from a computer shop, so the problem is, he could not access into the BIOS.

What he notice is, when he on his PC, there is a picture of the computer brand shown. And after that the Windows startup screen is shown.

Because of this picture of the computer brand, no matter how many times of DEL he press will not bring him into the BIOS screen.

Can anybody tell me how to do away with the picture of the computer brand or is there a other way to access into the BIOS.

Thanks

Well, there has to be a key to hit when you see the picture. Try F2 or Esc. F2 is what I hit for my laptop and I think I had to disable Silent Boot to get rid of the Gateway graphics.

Is it a laptop?

Is there any after-POST (Power On Self Test) reports at all?

And also, what OS are you using?

If you really can't figure it out, contact the manufacturer of the PC.

You mean hit F2 to disable silent boot or disable silent boot first then hit F2 to access BIOS?

If its the second option, then how do I disable silent boot?

Thanks

Is there any after-POST (Power On Self Test) reports at all?

Its is a desktop, and it does not show a after-POST (Power On Self Test) reports at all?

And also, what OS are you using?

When the PC was first bought it was in win 98. But now after a format of harddisk, it was a win ME now.

Thanks

They mean, when you turn the computer on, start hitting the F2 key, now this seems dumb but it really could be any key, I have seen f2, f1, f8, ESC, etc....so try them all, one has to work. But the easyest thing is either look in the manual or call the manufacture.

the silent boot option is in the bios. Listen to what boeing said..just hit the f2 key furiously when you boot your machine up. It may be something other than F2..

If you have try so many ways trying to access the bios, but you still can't get into it. There could be a problem.

It is possible you're missing a Aspire save to disk image on your HD. Usually this does not apply to the new computer.

You might want try to contact the IMB tech support on their website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back