'Assassin's Creed: Unity' will require 6GB of RAM, GTX 680 at minimum

Shawn Knight

Staff member

assassin creed unity 6gb ram gtx ubisoft gaming hardware assassins creed pc system requirements assassins creed unity

Ubisoft has published the minimum and recommended system requirements for the PC version of Assassin’s Creed: Unity and unless you’ve got a pretty power machine to work with, some hardware upgrades will no doubt be in order (or you can just pick up the console version).

For starters, Assassin’s Creed: Unity will require a 64-bit version of Windows 7 SP1 or newer. As for the minimum requirements, Ubisoft is calling for an Intel Core i5-2500K or an AMD FX-8340 or an AMD Phenom II X4 940 CPU, at least 6GB of RAM, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM) and 50GB of free space for installation.

Recommended hardware, meanwhile, includes an Intel Core i7-3770 or an AMD FX-8350 or better, 8GB of memory and either an Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X (3 GB VRAM) graphics card.

Gamers will also need DirectX 11 and a DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card.

As we’ve seen in the past, however, system requirements don’t always directly translate to actual gaming performance. If you’re planning on getting Unity but are unsure as to whether your system can run it, it might be wise to wait until some early benchmarks hit the web to gauge how demanding it really is.

Assassin’s Creed: Unity is slated to launch on November 11 on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.

Permalink to story.

2500K, 680TI, 6GB for a game capped at 30FPS?

We've seen some poor ports to PC before, but this is far beyond Saints Row 2 levels of stupid poor performance.

Surely the port can't be that bad guys, surely :)

Assuming it’s not this is going to be an amazing looking game on PC, many times better than on the latest consoles.

2500K, 680TI, 6GB for a game capped at 30FPS?

We've seen some poor ports to PC before, but this is far beyond Saints Row 2 levels of stupid poor performance.

There is massive difference between 'what they SAY the minimum requirements are, and what will actually play the game.' In reality a GTX460 will probably play the game just fine, albeit not as pretty. They're just trying to sell hardware.

Are they running the PC game on a console emulator? I can see an emulator requiring that much horsepower to mimic hardware.

For me to play the game I would have to purchase a graphics card. Apart from that my PC fits the bill.

Normal company I'd be excited for some Ultra Resolutions, 4k Support, and what not.

Ubisoft, it just means it's yet another horribly unoptimized port.

I was just wondered how much AMD/Intel/Nvidia paid them for talking BS.

Assuming it’s not this is going to be an amazing looking game on PC, many times better than on the latest consoles.

Come on Steve, this is Ubisoft...

Thankfully I found two of the three ACs I bought to be fairly poor to the point I haven't started the 3rd (all Steam sales) so it doesn't worry me (even though I am toying with the idea of a 970 for xmas). And yes, it does sound like a poor port when you look at how not-really-any-lovelier-to-look-at it is compared to other pretty PC games

Lest you forget this is Ubisoft we're dealing with here. With them anything is possible and they're not renowned for having the PC gamers best interests at heart. I used to love this series but they're really milking us for all we're worth now. They should consider changing the name from Assassins Creed to Assassins Greed.

Wait, it needs 6GB or RAM and GTX 680 just to run it but it can run on consoles perfectly?

Come on Steve, this is Ubisoft...
yeah. AC3 anyone? Boston needed brute force to play through it. You got older quad core architecture? Tough luck, here is your 20fps in harbour area. That game is so much dependent on one powerful core, that even now you need to overclock haswell to make it anywhere near the 60fps vsync.

Those requirements are ridiculous and I doubt they are true. I mean maybe for the recommended but for the base specs that way to high and honestly would scare to many people off if they just look at specs and not benchmarks. Unless they are programming very poorly or the game is night and day difference from console to PC this cannot be true (not the article, I mean Ubisoft saying the requirements).

I'll just say this. If a developer makes a game that requires a 300+ dollar graphics card, they are not looking to make a huge profit.

So far, I have been very unimpressed with most of the "next gen" titles. It would seem that, ironically, with the release of the new consoles, the PC ports have become notably worse as compared to the outgoing crop of games.

I'm not surprised by Ubisoft, though. They've been all attitude no game for several years now.

Dev's posted on twitter it will not have a FPS cap, uncapped not even the bullcrap 62fps cap AC4 had. truly uncapped frame rate

Back