Assassin's Creed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

Has anyone played assassin's creed yet?

I played it and I say it's probably the best game I own for the 360, it's so fun and open, you can basically spend 30 minutes just running around assassinating random guards and it'll never get boring! :D

The story is kind of strange though, you wont quite get what is going on till about half way through the game

I havent had a chance to buy/play it yet but my friend will be getting it soon. I have a PS3 and they have a 360 and a PS3. I cant wait to go up there and play Halo 3.

I was suprised by the reviews for Assassins creed, inconsistent, some 6/7's. The biggest gripe seemed to be it was repetitive and wouldn't be desirable to complete for a second time. Thats a shame, but after playing it a little thats well said imho. I can imagine people will enjoy it though, especially their first hours :)

It doesn't kind of get repetitive but that's about the only bad thing about it, If you are the kind of person who doesn't like stealthy action games like MGS / Splinter Cell probably wouldn't like this game because they'd end up dying in a few seconds trying to assassinate someone :|

TimeParadoX said:
It doesn't kind of get repetitive but that's about the only bad thing about it, If you are the kind of person who doesn't like stealthy action games like MGS / Splinter Cell probably wouldn't like this game because they'd end up dying in a few seconds trying to assassinate someone :|

I love MGS! But I don't like Splinter Cell because the gameplay doesn't feel so solid/emergent and more just a long string of set pieces. Assassins Creed is to be appreciated as a unique entity, but mostly like Splinter Cell. The difference I suppose is in MGS the AI do what you think they're going to do - so you can watch them, plan and execute an amazing stealth move. If you make a mistake, you can think of another move on the fly and try to amend the situation. In Splinter Cell/Assassins Creed it seems much like the board game operation - touch the wrong part and its game over, no trump card.

touch the wrong part and its game over, no trump card.

Not really, in Assassin's Creed if you mess up in the assassination process, you either run and hide or just rush up to the target and assassinate him instead of waiting

In MGS you basically do the same thing except hiding you just run with a box ( :haha: ) or choke them :)

I have this game for ps3 and I only played a little bit because there is so many other games I have on pc and I am a pc gamer like gears of war, crysis, f.e.a.r. Perseus mandate, call of duty 4, so I haven't had a chance to play it a lot. But all the reviews I saw and read about this game are wrong. They said it's repetitive and no so good but let me tell you, don't listen to those reviewers and buy this game. It's so good, the action, graphics, stealth and it's just fun going around ciry and climbing tower and buildings, and assassin people.

They are making it for the PC, they are postponing till 2008, I guess they are waiting for the 8900 to come out or something, then they'll bust out the ub3rpr0l33th4x0rskillz on AC :)

TimeParadoX said:
Not really, in Assassin's Creed if you mess up in the assassination process, you either run and hide or just rush up to the target and assassinate him instead of waiting

You're right, what I said is far better suited to Splinter Cell over AC, but like I said I see Assassins Creed in the Middle, closer to that game. To me gameplay feels more solid (? :D) in Metal Gear. Playing games with the guards, getting them to go where you want then make the perfect stealth kill. It felt unique each time. Assassins Creed feels amazing in short bursts but I can't visualize it being immortal and I always look at it wondering when I'm going to crack and become fed up :evil:

I only seen the ad last night on TV. But it looks very interesting. I don't have a 360 but I might have to buy one for this game alone.

Im with you halo, I was thinking of getting a 360 also just for that game.
I never will get a 360 but I thought of it. :D
I guess I am stuck waiting till they put it out for the PC.

Damn it condor, stop taunting me with your ub3rl33th4x0rz computer, I tried the demo for Lost Planet and my computer blew up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back