TechSpot

"Assertion failed SaveRegSetting: ... Access Denied"

By sweetyb
Mar 11, 2005
  1. I have been getting this error message when printing from an assistive program (Kurzweil). When printing, the error message will come up but the document will still print.

Error message: "Assertion failed SaveRegSetting: SOFTWARE\DESI\KURZWEIL 3000\user\RenderPrintViaMem Error5 Access denied"

This program is used by students in a computer lab who have limited rights to the network. I know this has to do with permission settings, but I'm not sure on what end: the program trying to maybe write temp files to a restricted area possibly, or that rights need to be granted to the program's folder, since students use it over the network?

2. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Looks to me like no permission to write to that registry key (HKLM (probably) \ SOFTWARE \ DESI \ KURZWEIL 3000 \ user \ RenderPrintViaMem).

3. sweetyb

sweetyb TS Rookie Topic Starter

Would yo happen to know of a way I could set permissions? Would it be to set permissions to that folder for all users, or would it require going into the registry?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.