Assign drive letters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to be able to use my usb ports but not allow windows to assign drive letters to devices such as thumb drives, external hard drives etc...

Right click on my computer, select manage, then disk management, this will allow you to assign/change drive letters.

Thanks for the post but I don't want to be able to assign drive letters to devices that connect to my usb such as thumb drives, external hard drives etc.... I want to be able to use printers, mouse, keyboard etc....

As far as I know windows will automatically assign drive letters to thumb drives and external drives unless they already taken up by other local or network drives. There may be a registry tweak to do what you want, google it or maybe someone else knows.

I want to be able to use my usb ports but not allow windows to assign drive letters to devices such as thumb drives, external hard drives etc...

So am not following... What DO you want windows to do if you have thumb drive or external hard drive installed? What it should it do? and why?? (might be better answer if can understand the whole picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back