TechSpot

Astrophysicists create the first accurate map of the universe: It’s very flat, and probably infinite

By Archean
Jan 13, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. davislane1

davislane1 TS Guru Posts: 1,333   +491

"...an astonishing feat when you consider that we’re doing the measuring from a single point of space and observing tiny specks of light that are trillions of miles away."

The only thing that's going to be astonishing is centuries from now when some guy in an early intergalactic starship is actually surprised when he winds up in the wrong star system after using one of these maps.

2. Archean

Archean TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 6,053   +76

IF he/she is using this map in that distant future, it mean the mankind didn't made much progress ...........

3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,000   +1,502

Or the map truly is accurate.

Awe come on, who didn't roll their eyes when I said that?

davislane1 likes this.
  4. abe10tiger

abe10tiger TechSpot Paladin Posts: 782   +10

Too bad we won't be in that "intergalactic star ship" anymore when it finally gets invented.

I want to cry right now. :'(:'(:'(

5. cliffordcooley

Earth has several locations that will simulate traveling between nothing and nothing. I see no reason why we should take to the stars to satisfy our thirst for adventure.

6. davislane1

davislane1 TS Guru Posts: 1,333   +491

You can't role play James T. Kirk or Jean-Luc Picard without a starship and a whole lot of empty space.

abe10tiger likes this.
  7. cliffordcooley

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.