Asus A53 bad Wifi Signal

I did see big_eric's post about removing the Wireless Console 3 software which interfered with wifi access. I removed it and regained wifi access for about 15 minutes. After that the problem reverted; I am unable to connect to any routers unless I am right next to them whereas all of my friend's laptops and my phone have no problem connecting. Any thoughts on what to try? I've already checked to make sure that the wifi switch is on. I've ran the troubleshooter in Control Panel -> Network and Internet multiple times. What's strange is that this problem started last Monday and the signal got worse and worse until these last few days when I've been entirely unable to connect to any router. I've also removed any security software that I'm aware of on my computer (McAfee, Norton, AVG, Avast). I know the last resort is to wipe the drive and re-install Windows 7 but I'd rather not as I have a lot of information on here and don't have the time right now to back it up.

Get a copy of inSSIDer - - it shows RF strength of all accessible routers.

RF is measure in db and 0db is like a canon explosion next to your ear and -99db is a whisper.
High strength and still having issues is a setup/configuration issue.

Back