Asus A7N8X-X No POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I read every thread I could find on this mobo and tried all the suggestions. Here's what I've done:

built entire system and turned it on, no beeps, no video, nothing.
Contacted ASUS and followed their advice. Started removing components until I only had the main power, the power switch, and the PC speaker connected. no beeps. I noticed that the power supply was set to 230v. As this was a new case, I didn't even check this before plugging everything in. Could this have damaged anything?

Sent that mobo to ASUS, bought a new mobo from a local shop since this was a christmas present. Took the new mobo out of the box and plugged in the power switch, the main power, and the pc speaker. no beeps. Tried installing CPU, memory, and video card, but same deal. Took all of these out, so just the power was connected, reset the CMOS, removed the battery, etc. I plugged in the reset switch lead powered it on, and hit reset a bunch of times. Still no beeps.

Unfortunately, I don't have any cases that will work with this motherboard. I have a Dell box that when I opened I couldn't find where the speaker and power switch connected to the mobo.

My last resort is to return this to the shop, get a new mobo and pray that it works.

I throw myself onto your mercy. Please help me get this running. I can't imagine that I got two mobos of the same type that had the exact same problem, so I must be doing something wrong.

Help!

Thanks in advance,
Chris

may have damaged the power supply first time out
if you have a meter find the switch trip and see if you have 12 V and 5 v
outputs or just beg borrow buy new power supply get them on ebay cheap nough.I realy don't think plugging in the PS while set for 220 did anything ,but ya never can tell.
I never play with the MB battery unless its absolutly necessary.
I leave the cmos jumper reset for 40 secounds at least.
when I start up new system I do it this way
cpu first ,, 1 stick a memory 2nd ,, if it needs a vid card that goes last,,
with all this in I reset cmos then I connect PS and I short out the power with small jumper wire this is just incase the Case switch is bad
I have never had a bad start to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back