Asus A7N8XE Overtemp Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not running my system at in an aggressive mode running with case open and with 2 additional internal fans , system will run fine for hours or days THEN
Temp Probe registers an overtemp on the mB of 126C/ 258F ? The CPU is idling along at 47 / 116 , AMDXP2800 !MB Corsair 3200 /no games running since wrist surgery ? The system will shutdown in the middle of the night. At these temperatures my system should be glowing in the F****G dark , but it's not any ideas : bad MB sensor ?

you're probably looking at faulty temperature sensors or some kind of short circut. in either case, you should return your board or rma it.

So the plot thickens : I powered down - took a look at the Bios Temp Numbers and they were ok CPU - 48 MB 23_problem seems to have gone , now the system just randomly shuts down after 10 hours or so , I have auto sequinced all of my critical downloads so they run ok upon restart , but at a loss to figure this out It has been super stable . I upgraded to corsair 3200 two weeks ago that started the whole deal PC3200 ? May need to upgrade the bios

if the problem started when you added new ram try using your old ram and tell us if you still have trouble.

have been using the same board for over a year now and have had no problems with it.And Contrary to popular belief,you can update the bios and run an AMD 3200+.I also use Kingston Value Ram PC3200 400 MHz duel channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back