Asus A7V133 and SATA drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed a SATA drive with a SIIG SATA controller on my A7V133 mobo and have been using the drive a few weeks for backup files. Now I want to use it as my boot drive, but Win XP Setup can't detect it. Before booting from the XP CD, I enabled SCSI in BIOS, set SCSI as second in boot sequence (after CD-ROM) and entered the SI website's latest driver when called for in Setup. The setup message is "there is no disk in this drive" and it labels the drive as "157066 MB disk 0 at Id 0 on bus 0 on si3112 (MBR)." The Asus has a RAID option, but I'm not sure whether this would be an option since the drive runs off its own card. Appreciate suggestions!

You should have gotten a CD with your motherboard drivers on it, if you look through there, there should be raid/scsi chipset drivers for your OS. Copy those to Floppy ( preferably just the version you need).

When you start installation of XP hit F6 to install 3rd party scsi drivers, after some time it will ask you to select your device. Put the floppy in and select your device and it will read off your floppy ( it should display your chipset controller).

Then it should take you to your partition screen, install the os on your SATA drive.

I know youre not using raid ( I think),but my promise chipset controls both my raid and my SATA drives. Should be the same for your chipset. Unfortunatly, you have to "preinstall" the drivers to full functionality, to use part of it.

Its much easier if you just slipstream through. You can do everything all in one swoop, raid drivers, sp2....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back