Asus A7V8X-X LAN Messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a A7V8X-x in a new machine I built. I play an online game (M)HAA) and I always connect to the same server. My ping is running 300-500. I have cable modem and 2 seperate IP's.
My ping is the same on either IP and my old machine is running 15-45 ping to the same server. When I installes windows 2000 Professional, I Installed the LAN driver off the ASUS CD,
and Installed the game. My Ping was 125 -250 so I installed the 4 in 1 Driver option off the Cd thinking this would help and my ping went up to 500!!!!! I then checked VIA's site and downloaded a driver listed from them for the chipset and had no connection at all. Arrrggghhh. So I reinstalled the driver from the CD,
and again my ping was 300-500. I then installed a PCI 10/100 card and proper driver and have the same problem. I dont have eail configured but I ran a a virus scan and it was clean. This is clearly a problem with the MB or driver, not a virus or IPS problem.
The MB BIOS is 1003 but I am not sure if I should up date it or not. I have spent hours searching for anything on this problem and I have not found anything. I could really use Some HELP!!!!! I am a complete NOOB at this! so dont LAUGH. :) By the time you resond assume I updated the Bios and that did not work, casue I think I am doing that tomorrow.
Machine Specs

Win 200o Professional
asus A7V8X-X
AMD 2500 Barton
512 Kingston 2700
Readon 9200 se 128 Vid card
IBM 80gig
Lite-On Cdrom
:grinthumb

What type of setup is the computer network? Do you have the computer jacked directly into the cable modem or are you on a local network (through a hub / other computer / etc)?

I have 3 machines ruiinig thru a netgear hub. Just before I read your reply I was in game with 230 ping on machine A ( the new one) and then I went in the same server with machine B ( the old one) and had 30 ping, I then switched ports to bring the 30 ping to the new machine and had 230 again. ???? odd. You would think I would have the 30 ping. Ahh but i just checked and the IP has not changed. So it must me an issue with my ISP right? BTW I checked performance and the system is 99 percent idle with nothing running so it not other programs. and I dont think it is a hub problem, HELPPPPPP!

from each machine, start>run>command (or maybe cmd)

tracert <server IP>

then ping each of the routers on your way to that server, and see what the latency is for each. That should tell you where your problem is, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back