ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 & G.Skill DDR400/PC3200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have the same mobo( ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939) and a 2x 1GB G.skill on their system? Did you guys have any problem detecting the memory?

Please share.. Thanks in Advance.

thanks for the quick response!
I just want to know cuz im planning to buy that memory this friday from newegg.

I guess that concludes my question. Thank a lot.

If theres any other builder who got the same mobo and memory please share. thanks in advance.

cyberjo50 said:
Anyone have the same mobo( ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939) and a 2x 1GB G.skill on their system? Did you guys have any problem detecting the memory?

Please share.. Thanks in Advance.

I have the same MOBO. I would imagine that it's Windows not your MB. Windows XP will only recognize 2 gig of RAM ( not sure about XP 64bit). Windows Vista will recognize all your memory; however, Lets say you are running Windows Vista with 4 gigs of RAM most likely it will still read LESS than 4 gig, because of your graphics card(s). For instance I run Vista Ultimate 64bit with the Asus A8N32-Deluxe SLI MB, with an AMD Athlon 64 FX-60 Dual core Processor at 3 gig ( which registers in at 2.6ghz) with 2 Nvidia 7900 GT/GTO graphics cards (512MB onboard memory) in SLI and I run 4 gigs of Kingston DDR RAM.

My system shows 2815 MB of RAM ...so WHERE'S my RAM??? well Some of that number can be taken up by my videocards. so that's 1024 that's sort of *set in reserve and not recognized, for lack of better terminology. So ...if we add that to the 2815 MB currently showing that's 3839 MB, STILL leaving us short 161 MB of RAM ....Where is THAT??? truly, i'm not sure...i suspect that 128 MB is the onboard memory for my SB X-FI Fatality sound card, still leaving us 33 Mb short of the 4 gig we KNOW is there. THAT, my friend remains a mystery to me still

That is not our experience. We have not found any of those boards where WXP recognized less memory than should be there. We have seen problems, which ASUS confirmed, that certain brands of memory are simple unacceptable, but that is not a Windows XP problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back