ASUS Bios update-wrong model

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbuck

I have tried to replace the 1003 bios on my A7V8X-x board using the 1005 download from Asus. I have tried both Aflash and EZ falash. In either case I get that the download is not the same model as the one currently in use.

I am not a complete novice and have flashed the bios on several boards. What is wrong here? Asus tech is totally unresponsive as usual.
Thanks,

Bob B

depending upon your board's revision

if it's ver 2.0....then the update is C1004.........if ver. 1.03/04/06.......then it's 1004........that should do it

JSR, he has a a7V8x-x not an a7N8x.

rbuck, Maybe you got a bad download from the Asus site.

Only times I've seen that type of message is when you try flashing a BIOS with RAID features in a non RAID board or vice versa. Now they are smarter and combine the two and flash the correct version.

I also had flashed a generic nForce2 BIOS once and had to flash back and it told me that I had the wrong board type for the Asus BIOS I was trying to go back to. I switched from Awdflash to NVFlash and it let me go back. Maybe there's a VIA equivalent to NVFlash.

Could also be the same type of thing with the A7N8X. Two different BIOSes depending on motherboard revision but they usually clearly indicate that on their site when that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back