TechSpot

Asus customer support rep details Nexus 7 successor to eager fan

By Shawn Knight
Jul 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Google’s Nexus 7 tablet was a hot commodity when it launched around this time last year and has sold well ever since. But as we all know, technology moves at a very rapid pace and the hardware in the Asus-built...

Read more

2. ReederOnTheRun

ReederOnTheRun TS Booster Posts: 304   +62

That representative trusted you!!! >:-O

3. Smaller battery to make space for a rear camera it appears..

4. Who uses a resolution of 1980x1200?

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

I had the Asus Nexus 7 and on the two occasions I used it I quite liked it, the problem was that it couldn't do anything my phone couldn't and my grand daughter liked it more than I so guess who has it now.

6. I got the Google Nexus 7 for Christmas and since Feb 21, I have sent it back 4 times and they will not replace it! Worst product I have ever owned! Filed a BBB complaint in early May and they never responded and the BBB sent them a reminder and still ignored them. What a nightmare!!! I should have bought an Ipad!!!

7. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

If these specs are legitimate for $200, Google can take my money lol. But that 1980x1200 resolution makes me skeptical.

8. MrAnderson

MrAnderson TS Maniac Posts: 488   +10

Chat and customer service calls are usually recorded, so everything, so if it was an issue, they would be getting in trouble either way.

9. waterytowers

waterytowers TS Enthusiast Posts: 91

You are the first person I have heard that has complained about the Nexus 7 and had to return it... The only complaint I have with mine is the performance has not been as good as my Nexus 10 but this should be remedied if the above specs are correct. Good luck with your ipad, I hope your experience is better with your next purchase...

10. rodavis

rodavis TS Rookie

So.. no expanding SD socket? & why cameras, I want more battery life!!