ASUS EN7900GS/2DHT/256M, Video Card Problem

By neowing
Apr 17, 2008
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello ? Techspot.

Just in case:
    If you need simple explanation, look at 3rd Paragraph.

Recently, my computer was broken and re-formatted my hard drive.
    Also, I found my 320GB External Hard Drive got 25 viruses and formatted it.

First, I moved important files to my 2 external hard drive(above External 320GB and 80GB External) seperately. Secondly, I formatted Internal Hard drive and installed Anti-Virus Program(AVG) to remove the virus inside of 320GB External Hard drive. Next, I formatted 80GB External Hard Drive. Next, I copied every files in 320GB E.H. to Internal Hard Drive and 80GB E.H. Next, I formatted 320GB E.H.

So, I transfered files from Internal Hard Drive to 320GB E.H.
    But Just in case, I reformatted Internal Hard drive. Finally, I installed every necessary files. After installed nVidia drive, computer said that I have to reboot. So I did. After finishing the booting, I can see my desktop but, suddenly, nVidia Message poped out and said that my Video card didn't have enough power. Therefore, System display will run at low resolution to prevent the damage to hardware.

What should I do ? I am not sure this is cause of Power supply or Graphic Card.
    Currently, I removed nVidia Driver. Do you think I have to buy new Graphic Card ?
    If I have to buy it, which graphic card is the best for "P5B Deluxe" ? My current Power supply is "460" I have scanner, Printer (Just reference).
    I am using Windows XP Home SP2 and CPU is "Core 2 Duo E6400" which is 2.13 GHz
    I am using my computer for computer animation.
  2. rev_olie

rev_olie TechSpot Maniac Posts: 598

3. neowing

neowing TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 247

To rev_olie,

My computer wasn't made by my hand. I bought the New computer parts and put them together at the computer store 1 year ago. I didn't have any problem except recently virus attack.

Update:

This is the message that I got when reboot

-Power indicator-

Problem report

The NVIDIA System Sentinel is reporting that the NVIDIA-powered graphics card is not receiving sufficient power.

To protect your hardware from potential damage or causing a potential system lockup, the graphics processor has lowered its performance to a level that allows continued safe operations.

I clicked "Trouble shoot"

To remedy the problem, ensure that your NVIDIA graphics card in your system has the supplemental power connector attached. This connection is required and your system may be damaged if it is not in place. Please refer to your owner's manual for complete ample power to power all of the attached peripherals in addition to this extra connection.

Also, I tried disconnect graphic card and put it back / installed different version of NVIDIA driver. They didn't worked.

If I have to buy new graphic card, feel free to suggest me.

From
    neowing.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.