TechSpot

Asus K8Ne Deluxe , Various problems.

By Zainyboy
Sep 5, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello guyz ,, now I know there are a lot of threads concerning Asus K8Ne troubles. The troubles I am having are wierd & annoying.
    My PC Specs are :

AMD 3200+
    ASUS K8Ne Deluxe
    1GB Kingston PC3200
    80` Gb HDD
    Ati 9600 XT 256 MB DDr.
    DVD COMBO DRIVE ( SAMSUNG )

Some of various troubles I am having:
    1. Since I bought this PC i`ve had no problems , but now its getting worse with its troubles. First off , the Ati & Asus issue , they dont seem to much friendly with each other , my screen goes blank often , my pc hangs often. Sometime it wont start leaving a msg of System Failed VGA test. Screen gets scrambled some times. I cant play games , I cant watch movies.
    Considering the problem It was the Video Card which i thought was defective , so I got it changed with a new one with same specs. I was happy that my problems are finished but then again , same thing happened.

2. Second , HDD problem made me go nutts .Apart from the Video card issue , when sometime luckily this thing started it wont detect HDD. I had to manuallt deattach the data cord & attach it again , restart the PC .. & there you go . It starts.
    Considering this Prob , I thought the MOBO & the HDD had probs , So I got them changed to , & the again .. same thing happens.

I dont know whether this series by Asus or Ati or Seagate was defected.

My CPU temp. most of the time remains around 55 to 60`C & mobo temp around 50 to 55`C. My graphic card from 45`C to 55`C.

I just want to know that is there any Temprature issue with this thingy i am usin` , or there is some kind of power related issues. If it is what is the best thing I could do to prevent this problem. Recently I added 3 Fans to my casing , still it isnt working out.
    I am thinking to buy a New PC ,, maybe i am fed up with AMD .... I am considering Intel this time. What is your recomendations to build one.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.