TechSpot

Asus' latest 4K monitor includes an IPS panel and 100 percent sRGB coverage for under $800

By Shawn Knight
Dec 3, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. 4K monitors with TN panels can be found for as little as $300 but if it's an IPS panel you're after, you'll need to spend a bit more money. Asus' latest 4K display boasts an impressive set of features like...

Read more

2. Experimentongod

Experimentongod TS Addict Posts: 225   +84

These are starting to look really interesting, but gaming at this resolution is not very economically viable for a lot of people. And, like I always say, multimedia content is still like 99% at 1080p (movies, tv shows, Youtube, etc.). The good thing is that with 4K moniutors pixels are so small that it should look amazing.

3. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,536   +2,333

Forget gaming. 4k resolutions are a boon for working with spreadsheets, charting software, writing projects, research and the like. I'd drop a few hundred on one right now if I could justify it.

noel24 and Jim$ter like this.
  4. yRaz

yRaz TS Evangelist Posts: 1,897   +940

I think 4k will just make it easier to see the limitations in modern graphics. View distance and seeing edges is still a huge one. There really isn't any benefit to 4k gaming because there isn't anything to see. Hell view distance is still a problem at 1080p. Move through an area and you will notice that items and foliage will come in to view as you move closer.

5. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,620   +376

They wouldn't bother changing/fixing it if no-one could see it. This is helping the transition to better graphics.

6. PC nerd

PC nerd TS Booster Posts: 317   +41

Damn, I wish I could afford 4K.