TechSpot

Asus looking to enter US smartphone market in 2014

By Scorpus
Jul 30, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Entering a smartphone market for the first time is a hard task, but Asus is looking to push its way into the crowded United States phone market sometime in 2014, a new report has revealed. Asus Chairman Jonney Shih mentioned...

Read more

2. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,195   +751

Asus will join the ever-growing group of non-Samsung Android phones. They'll need some flashy commercials to avoid being just another black rectangle on the overwhelming wall of choices for smartphone buyers.

3. If Asus came up with a new design and better features and a pure Android experience and also a micro sd card slot. They would have me hooked and I am sure they would have millions of other people hooked too!

4. Great, another android device on the market.

5. misor

misor TS Maniac Posts: 1,026   +154

haha!:
    "Padfone, a 5-inch phone that docks into a 10-inch tablet, and (confusingly) the Fonepad, which is a 7-inch tablet capable of making phone calls."
    asus, being a globally recognized brand should invest in a good naming system for its phone/phablet/tablet lineup.

6. Fbarnett

Fbarnett TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +24

Another company that says everybody else is doing it we should to. Why would some company set themselves up to loose 100's of millions of dollars?. What can they possibly do to offer something different? Look at all who failed in this

7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +822

It stimulates competition which in turn helps drive prices down or haven't you realised that yet?

8. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,425   +822

That's cool. I wonder if they'll release a ROG part one of these days in their flashy red & black colours with support for liquid cooling and DirectCU IX cooling.

9. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 191   +13

I'd like to see what Asus does. I like their products. I'd like to see where they are going with this Android phone thing.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.