Asus Mb, Amd, Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok~
This is what happened to me today. I was just cillin playing a CD from my DVD drive, when the monitor went to sleep. When I tried to get it to come back I could'nt. The volume control on the keyboard still worked, and music just kept on playing. I held the power button in for 4 seconds and gave it a restart. All the drives spun up, but the system would not post, nor will it turn on the monitor. Here is what I've done so far:
1. Reset the cmos. Nothing.
2. Pulled all the hardware piece by piece. Nothing.
3. Pulled the memory modules and ran them each single in B1. Nada.
4. Removed master HD and ran it as slave in other system...it works.
5. Checked monitor...it works.

System will not boot. I hope it is not the Proc.

Anyone have any ideas. I am running XP professional X64.

Thanks,
Dan

Well, if you've tried the monitor on another system and it worked, then you've ruled that one out.
Have you tried another monitor on this system?

Another idea would be to try the video card in another system and see if that works.

Thank you.

I've tried another monitor and it does the same thing....which is nothing. I even tried my monitor on the DVI, and VGA on this system and neither made a difference. I was thinking it might be the auto on, on the monitor causing an issue, but my system does not even beep or post I am going to try a different video card in the system. I have switched from a dual sli config, to a single card config, and tried both cards in the pci-e slot 1, neither card made any difference. what are the chances that both cards are bad at the same time. So for that I am going to purchase a cheap card and try that. I have tried a different power supply thinking I may have had a bad PS, but that did not work either. I am really thinking that I must have a bad CPU, or a bad video card. I have purchased the same MB, but as a last resort I will break that open. I am really stuck here. I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back