ASUS Mobo buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

foycur

I recently fried my P4P8X motherboard along with the P4 2.8 GHZ northwood processor I had (cheap thermal goop). Anyway, I'd like to replace my system with essentially the same processor but obviously need a new motherboard since they don't make P4P8X. I don't need RAID set up. I have a Thermaltake 480 W power supply, and a Sapphire ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB video card. I dont have any fancy audio cards so I'm looking for a decent on board audio, although it doesn't need to be anything earth shattering.

I'd like to buy ASUS again since it was a good mobo and gave me very few, if any, problems. I've checked out the P4P800 SE and hte P4P800-E Deluxe, but I want to hear some feedback from other users as to their experiences, or if there are any other companies out there that you've had good luck with and like......thanks!!

Asus been the leading motherboard maker for a long time now .. But do not over look the others such as MSI or Gigabyte as well as Chaintech ..

I think Asus has it has really nice features that are very hard to beat right now and make great stable boards .I bought my Asus A7N8X-E DELUEX after may Leadteck (wich they do not make anymore a shame) got fried buy a power surge from the power company..

hey what up about MSI? they are good on VRM! Try find any Reliable mobo company fit on your budget. Abit, MSI, ASUS, ePOX, Aopen and SOYO is very reliable company. I still had my pII running 24/7 on MSI ATX BX-13 running on Intel 440BX chipset. I havent run any problem with my pII computer. It still running in Windows 98 SE. I think LeakTEK sux. ALSO... If you own AMD, must go to Gigabyte because it is very powerful and better bundles in the box available in market!

Sorry about long post!

Lucan

Intel has been recommending some of the newer cases that suck air from outside of the case directly onto the CPU. Watch out for some of the newer 915 chipset motherboards with DDR2 that have the 24 pin power supply requirements. People are frying them because they buy weaker power supplies and use an adapter to go from 20 to 24 pins. Just to run the adapter they need a 12v rail with about 20 amps. The extra pins are for power for the CPU.

That is right a 24 pin power supply??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back